<< Prev page 1 .. 341 342 343 344 345 346 .. 373 Next page >>
I have recently ta.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
A new project has .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Apparently Tiglin .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Joss Lynam has boo.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
James Carroll
2006-11-24 18:50:21
"Trostan OSNI 3056" from James Carroll Expand pics
Trostan OSNI 3056 (Expand pics)
Trigpointing Ireland
My love of hill-walking was recently re-kindled when I found myself with much more free time on my hands. I started off with easy walks because I was very unfit. During my first proper walk in the Belfast Hills a tour of Divis, Black Mountain and Black Hill, I discovered Triangulation Pillars. I decided there and then that I would seek them out to give purpose to my walks. I had become a Trigpoint Enthusiast by accident. I registered with TrigpointingUK but quickly discovered that it does not officially support Irish Trigpoints. To cut a long story short, I decided to create a site that did, thus Trigpointing Ireland was established.

Trigpointing Ireland is a personal website. It was first uploaded mid Nov 2006. It is not fancy but hopefully will fill a niche for Trigpoint Enthusiasts in Ireland. It needs registered users to help supply data, reports and photographs. I have already noted several references to TPs on this site, and at least one picture. Can you help? Even if you are not an enthusiast, it only takes a few moments to waypoint a TP with your GPSr and take a note of the Flush Bracket number (a picture is even better).

If I get any encouragement at all, Trigpointing Ireland will be developed further. The first step is for you to register as a user and we will take it from there.

James Carroll
www.trigpointing-ireland.org.uk
Simon3, thank you .. by roark   (Show all posts)
Roark - that would.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
I live in the US a.. by Roark   (Show all posts)
Southern Man enter.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
John Finn entered .. by simon3   (Show all posts)

Forum: Suggestions
Addition of "All Irish features" list etc
simon3 7 hours ago.
A new list and total has been added which shows All Irish features visited. So if you mark as visited any summit, coastal summit, coastal feature, island feature then this total will go up. You ca...

Illanmaster: Watching Over.
sandman a day ago.
This hill watches over Illanmaster Island and although its summit is nothing of note its cliffs are fantastic. As described previously this can be part of a coastal walk or for direct accent park ...

Corraduff Hill: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
Corraduff Hill as seen from the Benwee Loop Walk.

Mweelrea Mt via Ben Lugmore
marzka a day ago.
A very nice walk with amazing views and small bit of scrambling which can be avoided.Dificulty: Medium- ascending via... walk, Len: 13.4km, Climb: 1111m, Area: Ben Lugmore East Top, Mweelrea Mountain

Bencorrbeg - Binn an Choire and Binn Dubh
marzka a day ago.
Very nice walk with a bit of scrambling.And this GPS track involve that mentioned part of scrambling - but if you want... walk, Len: 10.4km, Climb: 944m, Area: Bencorrbeg, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benco

Benwee NE Head: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
It is easy to reach the area i took the photo from just a slight detour off the Benwee Loop Walk F8220244947 it is the next bit that the problem arises. Definitely an Ian Miller summit.

Teermoyle and Been Hill
marzka a day ago.
Very nice walk with goregous views.Dificulty: Medium- a bit wet terrain, mostly grassy- some small part of walk on th... walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 843m, Area: Keamconneragh, Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Irel

Doonvinalla W Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
The Stags of Broad Haven just one of the fantastic photo opportunities from this summit which is easily accessed from the Benwee Loop Walk the easy option from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259.

Mangerton via Stoompa and Horses Glen
marzka 2 days ago.
Lovely walk with stunning views.Dificulty: Medim- wet terrain as crossing the Owgariff river- very steepy descending w... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 673m, Area: Stoompa, Mangerton (Ireland) Stoompa, M

Doonvinalla E Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
Easy access from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259 follow the Benwee Loop walk and branch off where appropriate . The photo shows views across towards Benwee Head in the background .

Carrauntoohil via central guy and dawn via oshea-gully WINTER WALK
marzka 2 days ago.
This is a winter climb, therefore the winter equipment is needed and extra time should be added while planning that r... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 779m, Area: Carrauntoohil, MacGillycuddy's Reeks (Ir

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
Looking across to Doonvinalla N Top from E Top i decided it was above my pay grade to attempt the summit climb today . But to the right of the photo a route to the top seemingly exists so another ...