<< Prev page 1 .. 344 345 346 347 348 349 .. 372 Next page >>
Cra as hero? Not i.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
arwen
2006-07-25 13:08:22
Where am I ?
I can think of no better thing to do on a summer's day than to have an aimless and unhurried wander in the Mournes. Starting at the harbour in Newcastle I followed the Granite Trail leading up to Millstone and Thomas's mountain. Taking time out to at the viewpoint to admire Dundrum Bay illuminated by the sun's refulgent rays. I then doubled back to join the main forest track to the Glen River and followed the path from there up to the coll between Donard and Commedagh. It was on the descent from the coll that I encountered him. With his two arms the one length he was dressed more for a night on the town than on a mountain. His only visible piece of kit was a half consumed bottle of water. "Hello there, great day " I said. It soon became clear he hadn't a clue where he was because as soon as he caught his breath he asked "Where does this take me to ?" "This takes you up to the coll " I replied. With a grand sweep of his arm he enquired " What do you call that one "? "That one is Donard and that one is Commedagh." I responded with equally grand gestures. "Which one's the biggest ?" he asked. "Slieve Donard " said I. "Slieve Donard it is then" he declared........... and was gone. I sometimes wonder what became of him.
I'd be grateful if.. by csd   (Show all posts)
I am getting back .. by Sh   (Show all posts)
Hello BILLNOR, you.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
I've done a fair b.. by lats   (Show all posts)
OK McA - what abou.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Just wondering if .. by Michael McA   (Show all posts)
While reviewing mo.. by eflanaga   (Show all posts)
The following has .. by simon3   (Show all posts)

Not mountains, but might interest lovers of t
Aidy 3 hours ago.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1cedpjs7nwId_STtX9cNIDFoyMnRHtG-I've started a wee project doing photo slideshows on the beaches in Co Donegal. It has unfortunately kept me out of the moun...

Exploring Binevenagh
Peter Walker 10 hours ago.
walk, Len: 8.8km, Climb: 392m, Area: Binevenagh, Keenaght (Ireland) Binevenagh

Mullaghanattin Circuit
Onzy 2 days ago.

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 6 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 6 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy a week ago.
A simple little Binnion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need yo...

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy a week ago.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman a week ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Downloading Tracks
tomodub a week ago.
Hi Simon3.Success - thank you again all worked out this time.Best wishes,Tomodub

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb a week ago.