<< Prev page 1 .. 338 339 340 341 342 343 .. 366 Next page >>
can someone list t.. by graniteface   (Show all posts)
Have finally manag.. by graniteface   (Show all posts)
Mr McA - I am com.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Richard, a lot dep.. by pdtempan   (Show all posts)
I'm travelling dow.. by Richard Dougan   (Show all posts)
I took Cra's advic.. by Michael McA   (Show all posts)
Cra as hero? Not i.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
2006-07-25 13:08:22
Where am I ?
I can think of no better thing to do on a summer's day than to have an aimless and unhurried wander in the Mournes. Starting at the harbour in Newcastle I followed the Granite Trail leading up to Millstone and Thomas's mountain. Taking time out to at the viewpoint to admire Dundrum Bay illuminated by the sun's refulgent rays. I then doubled back to join the main forest track to the Glen River and followed the path from there up to the coll between Donard and Commedagh. It was on the descent from the coll that I encountered him. With his two arms the one length he was dressed more for a night on the town than on a mountain. His only visible piece of kit was a half consumed bottle of water. "Hello there, great day " I said. It soon became clear he hadn't a clue where he was because as soon as he caught his breath he asked "Where does this take me to ?" "This takes you up to the coll " I replied. With a grand sweep of his arm he enquired " What do you call that one "? "That one is Donard and that one is Commedagh." I responded with equally grand gestures. "Which one's the biggest ?" he asked. "Slieve Donard " said I. "Slieve Donard it is then" he declared........... and was gone. I sometimes wonder what became of him.
I'd be grateful if.. by csd   (Show all posts)
I am getting back .. by Sh   (Show all posts)

Barnahowna: Fine-weather photo
bryanmccabe less than an hour ago.
Thought a fine-weather photo of Barnahowna summit was needed!

Maumtrasna North-East Top: Worth a visit!
Collaborative entry Last edit by: bryanmccabe an hour ago.
Maumtrasna NE top, approximately 2km NE of Maumtrasna, is worth a visit in its own right. The most direct access is via the steep ridge up to nearby spot height 542. One possible starting point is...

Crossderry: Summit No 2 of a fine ridge walk.
hivisibility an hour ago.
Here is another view of Crossderry taken from Mothillín. You can see the twin peaks at the summit area. The summit proper is the one on the right. Knocknabreeda in the background.Its pretty rugged...

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility 23 hours ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Aidy 23 hours ago.
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility 23 hours ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility 23 hours ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy a day ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 3 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...

Crossderry: Summit looking East.
hivisibility 23 hours ago.
Summit of Crossderry with view back towards Mothillín.There are 2 similar heights at the summit area. The summit is the one nearest the Eastern Reeks.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 2 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Stumpa Dúloigh SE Top: Fine views to the East...
hivisibility 23 hours ago.
The view to Knocknabreeda, Crossderry and Mothillín as seen from the aooroach to Stúmpa Dúloigh SE Top. Torc in the centre with Mangerton rising over to the right.