<< Prev page 1 .. 345 346 347 348 349 350 .. 373 Next page >>
can someone list t.. by graniteface   (Show all posts)
Have finally manag.. by graniteface   (Show all posts)
Mr McA - I am com.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Richard, a lot dep.. by pdtempan   (Show all posts)
I'm travelling dow.. by Richard Dougan   (Show all posts)
I took Cra's advic.. by Michael McA   (Show all posts)
Cra as hero? Not i.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
arwen
2006-07-25 13:08:22
Where am I ?
I can think of no better thing to do on a summer's day than to have an aimless and unhurried wander in the Mournes. Starting at the harbour in Newcastle I followed the Granite Trail leading up to Millstone and Thomas's mountain. Taking time out to at the viewpoint to admire Dundrum Bay illuminated by the sun's refulgent rays. I then doubled back to join the main forest track to the Glen River and followed the path from there up to the coll between Donard and Commedagh. It was on the descent from the coll that I encountered him. With his two arms the one length he was dressed more for a night on the town than on a mountain. His only visible piece of kit was a half consumed bottle of water. "Hello there, great day " I said. It soon became clear he hadn't a clue where he was because as soon as he caught his breath he asked "Where does this take me to ?" "This takes you up to the coll " I replied. With a grand sweep of his arm he enquired " What do you call that one "? "That one is Donard and that one is Commedagh." I responded with equally grand gestures. "Which one's the biggest ?" he asked. "Slieve Donard " said I. "Slieve Donard it is then" he declared........... and was gone. I sometimes wonder what became of him.
I'd be grateful if.. by csd   (Show all posts)
I am getting back .. by Sh   (Show all posts)

Doonvinalla E Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 17 hours ago.
Easy access from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259 follow the Benwee Loop walk and branch off where appropriate . The photo shows views across towards Benwee Head in the background .

Exploration of Wicklow Head from the north.
As you will immediately see from the track this was an exploration of what is possible thoroughly exploring various d... walk, Len: 6.6km, Climb: 126m, Area: Brides Hill, Wicklow Coastal Hill (Irelan

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 17 hours ago.
Looking across to Doonvinalla N Top from E Top i decided it was above my pay grade to attempt the summit climb today . But to the right of the photo a route to the top seemingly exists so another ...

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 17 hours ago.
The look out post 3 years after my first visit.

Pic du Canigou
David-Guenot 4 days ago.
Ascending Catalogna's sacred mountain from the hamlet of Los Masos de Vallmanya, on well-marked trails, with two breaks walk, Len: 24.8km, Climb: 1853m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Geevraun Point: Coastal Hill
sandman 17 hours ago.
Located in an area of stunning coastlines this hill does not disappoint . A fantastic linear coastal walk exists from Beldberg Pier to Porturlin Pier well worth the effort but if yo wish to visit ...

Ramble on Ireland's Eye
wicklore 5 days ago.
A short walk on Ireland's Eye in September 2015. Original plan to visit earlier in the summer was thwarted by a huge f... walk, Len: 2.6km, Climb: 80m, Area: Ireland's Eye, Dublin Islands (Ireland) I

Horse Island: Mayo Island
sandman 17 hours ago.
View of Horse Island from Geevraun Point.

Pic de Cagire Loop
David-Guenot 6 days ago.
A great loop walk in one of my favourite areas in the Pyrenees, which should have hardly taken more than 4h30 hadn't I m walk, Len: 11.8km, Climb: 892m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Raheen: Coastal Hill
sandman 18 hours ago.
The photo shows the Megalithic Tomb adjacent to the summit of this small hill which is an easy accent from the old turf cutting track located at G0018340427.

Benbeg to Cuilcagh
dmcdevitt 6 days ago.
GPS was not accurate during the walk. learn't a lesson not to use your phone app to track your walk but overall it is ac walk, Len: 8.7km, Climb: 447m, Area: Benbeg, Breifne (Ireland) Benbeg

Lackan Hill: Coastal Hill
sandman 18 hours ago.
Arriving close to the location i came across two farmers moving cattle who i asked about Lackan Hill they looked bemused replying you will not find any hills in here so i quickly changed to standi...