<< Prev page 1 .. 341 342 343 344 345 346 .. 366 Next page >>
Just to add a moan.. by jkerr   (Show all posts)
2006-05-17 11:46:58
walked into trouble
three weeks ago after a tough Sunday walk I decided to stretch the legs to relieve the muscle pains (mental note to get fitter). I decided on the short circuit around lough bray. I parked at the car park opposite and headed off up the hill to the left of the lake which brings you up behind the lake. As anybody who knows the area will be aware when you reach the cliff walk above the lake you are looking over the lake to where the car is parked. I Like Loz was suspicious to see a metalic blue car 'boy racer' pull up, the driver got out to have a good rece, then you guessed, broke the back quarter windowof my car. My whistle and the waving of a my orange survival bag seemed to draw his attention and off he scarpered. I drive an estate car which has a roller blind covering the boot area, I now leave that open and don't leave anything in the car.
Another place in W.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Just wanted to str.. by loz   (Show all posts)
Hello Louis. Taken.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
The situation rega.. by louisowens   (Show all posts)
There's probably m.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Hi, I'm looking fo.. by niamhhavok   (Show all posts)
I think poles for .. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
A mass debate on p.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)

Castle Hill
Onzy a few minutes ago.
Up and down Castle Hill. Essentially a duplicate of track 2048, but substantially shorter as I parked blocking a gate wi walk, Len: 4.8km, Climb: 398m, Area: Slieve Mish (Ireland)

Caha Mountains: Tooreennamna
Onzy a few minutes ago.
Route taking in Tooreenamna, an outlier to the west of the Cummeenageera circuit and a highly rated hill. walk, Len: 4.5km, Climb: 439m, Area: Tooreennamna, Caha Mountains (Ireland) Too...

Hart Walk
GSheehy 14 hours ago.
{First off, I wasn't with the lads. Just sharing the info.}What?s not to like reading about the trials and tribulation walk, Len: 115.7km, Climb: 3215m, Area: Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland) Cloghernagh,

Barnahowna: Fine-weather photo
bryanmccabe 3 days ago.
Thought a fine-weather photo of Barnahowna summit was needed!

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Torc Mountain W Top: Big brother ....
hivisibility 2 days ago.
Here's a picture of Torc itself from Torc West Top. Approx 600m between the two summits.

Maumtrasna North-East Top: Worth a visit!
Collaborative entry Last edit by: bryanmccabe 3 days ago.
Maumtrasna NE top, approximately 2km NE of Maumtrasna, is worth a visit in its own right. The most direct access is via the steep ridge up to nearby spot height 542. One possible starting point is...

Crossderry: Summit No 2 of a fine ridge walk.
hivisibility 3 days ago.
Here is another view of Crossderry taken from Mothillín. You can see the twin peaks at the summit area. The summit proper is the one on the right. Knocknabreeda in the background.Its pretty rugged...

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy 4 days ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility 4 days ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility 4 days ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 5 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela