<< Prev page 1 .. 348 349 350 351 352 353 .. 372 Next page >>
I'm looking for so.. by pdtempan   (Show all posts)
What is the collec.. by MickC   (Show all posts)
Pic 4. Minimal pos.. by mikelouw   (Show all posts)
Pic 3. Circular po.. by mikelouw   (Show all posts)
Pic 2. To avoid fl.. by mikelouw   (Show all posts)
Hello All. These a.. by mikelouw   (Show all posts)
Capt Vertigo's pie.. by mneary34   (Show all posts)
Hi All,Well althou.. by loz   (Show all posts)
I live near Belfas.. by richrua   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo
2006-04-15 01:12:20
"" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
(Expand pics)
The Darkest Hour is just before Dawn
It is ten past two in the morning. My Trekker colleagues and I will arise at 4.30 am to begin final preparations for the Turks Walk...They are good people...Monk like in their discipline. We are in a hostel..a very good one...But I am too old for this: I cannot sleep. Not in a room full of people whose regular breathing is disturbed by the occasional passing of wind by the Moate man who lies beneath me. I resist the urge to proclaim: "It wasn't me. " They'll believe what they want to believe. I feverishly completed the GPS entries for the last section of the Turks in the hours before bed, and then checked my kit. I am in a lather of self doubt. For days my dodgey left knee has been vibrating like a bulb about to blow, hinting that there will be searing pain on the first ascent...I know that I'm mockingly called St. Brendan ("The Navigator") because of a few highly publicised errors of a directional nature over the past year...The dining room was full of

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark
simon3 a day ago.

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 4 days ago.

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 4 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 4 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 4 days ago.

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 4 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 4 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 4 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 4 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Into The Coum(eragh)'s
GSheehy 5 days ago.
The forecast was for heat, so I said I?d have an early start. Down to the base layer by the time I got to The Gap at ... walk, Len: 27.2km, Climb: 1226m, Area: Coumfea West Top, Comeragh Mountains (I

Eanach Mheáin: Galway Island
sandman 4 days ago.
Connemara Island Golf Course is a nine hole course located on this island and just inside its entrance at L9080830893 is the 11th/17th hole where the natural high point is adjacent to the ladies t...

Lettercallow: Coastal Hill
sandman 4 days ago.
By parking at L8760028966 you can walk on to open hillside with no access issues . A gentle accent to the summit area which unlike its nearest neighbour has no seating arrangements for the visitor...