<< Prev page 1 .. 343 344 345 346 347 348 .. 366 Next page >>
Pic 3. Circular po.. by mikelouw   (Show all posts)
Pic 2. To avoid fl.. by mikelouw   (Show all posts)
Hello All. These a.. by mikelouw   (Show all posts)
Capt Vertigo's pie.. by mneary34   (Show all posts)
Hi All,Well althou.. by loz   (Show all posts)
I live near Belfas.. by richrua   (Show all posts)
2006-04-15 01:12:20
"" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
(Expand pics)
The Darkest Hour is just before Dawn
It is ten past two in the morning. My Trekker colleagues and I will arise at 4.30 am to begin final preparations for the Turks Walk...They are good people...Monk like in their discipline. We are in a hostel..a very good one...But I am too old for this: I cannot sleep. Not in a room full of people whose regular breathing is disturbed by the occasional passing of wind by the Moate man who lies beneath me. I resist the urge to proclaim: "It wasn't me. " They'll believe what they want to believe. I feverishly completed the GPS entries for the last section of the Turks in the hours before bed, and then checked my kit. I am in a lather of self doubt. For days my dodgey left knee has been vibrating like a bulb about to blow, hinting that there will be searing pain on the first ascent...I know that I'm mockingly called St. Brendan ("The Navigator") because of a few highly publicised errors of a directional nature over the past year...The dining room was full of
when walking in th.. by leenan   (Show all posts)
Thank's for all th.. by loz   (Show all posts)
Just a quick plug .. by johnvbrennan   (Show all posts)

Hart Walk
GSheehy 12 hours ago.
{First off, I wasn't with the lads. Just sharing the info.}What?s not to like reading about the trials and tribulation walk, Len: 115.7km, Climb: 3215m, Area: Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland) Cloghernagh,

Barnahowna: Fine-weather photo
bryanmccabe 3 days ago.
Thought a fine-weather photo of Barnahowna summit was needed!

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Torc Mountain W Top: Big brother ....
hivisibility 2 days ago.
Here's a picture of Torc itself from Torc West Top. Approx 600m between the two summits.

Maumtrasna North-East Top: Worth a visit!
Collaborative entry Last edit by: bryanmccabe 3 days ago.
Maumtrasna NE top, approximately 2km NE of Maumtrasna, is worth a visit in its own right. The most direct access is via the steep ridge up to nearby spot height 542. One possible starting point is...

Crossderry: Summit No 2 of a fine ridge walk.
hivisibility 3 days ago.
Here is another view of Crossderry taken from Mothillín. You can see the twin peaks at the summit area. The summit proper is the one on the right. Knocknabreeda in the background.Its pretty rugged...

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy 4 days ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility 4 days ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility 4 days ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 5 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility 4 days ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 6 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...