<< Prev page 1 .. 353 354 355 356 357 358 .. 373 Next page >>
I went out of my w.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
John Brennan...tha.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo, ju.. by johnvbrennan   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo
2006-02-02 01:15:11
"Kilimanjaro" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
Kilimanjaro (Expand pics)
You Fill Up My Senses
I was in the middle of a work situation yesterday when I instinctively mentioned the mountains to the guy sitting across the table from me. Africa had come up, and I simply couldn't restrain myself. You see two of our Trekkers have "done" the Highest Mountain in Africa Kilimanjaro, Tanzania: 19340 feet / 5895 meters. Whenever I walk with the women in question I think : "I am walking with a woman who has hit the top of Kilimanjaro. S***, I must be good!" So I blurted it out. The guy in question stopped in his tracks, and , looking off into the middle distance murmured "Kilimanjaro...What a mountain" Then he eyeballed me and said: "You can't really explain the mountains to people, can you? Its beyond words." For some reason this conversation came into my mind when I looked at Mick C's recent upload on Commedagh. That photo captures something. Its a great photo and its a tribute to the patience and persistence of the mind behind the camera. We are all just passing through. Any flash of insight is a monument to our passing "pour encourager les autres"...
Up to this point, .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Couldn't agree mor.. by MickC   (Show all posts)
Your homage to the.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Hello,Are there cl.. by loz   (Show all posts)
Ahh Davie bhuy. A .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
For anyone out the.. by David Kirk   (Show all posts)

Slieve Foye: Irish Gabbro!
IainT 6 days ago.
Gabbro is one of the roughest and most frictiony rocks around and is superb for scrambling on, as all visitors to the Skye Cuiilin across the water know. I never realised until yesterday that Slie...

Illanmaster: Watching Over.
sandman a day ago.
This hill watches over Illanmaster Island and although its summit is nothing of note its cliffs are fantastic. As described previously this can be part of a coastal walk or for direct accent park ...

Mweelrea Mt via Ben Lugmore
marzka a day ago.
A very nice walk with amazing views and small bit of scrambling which can be avoided.Dificulty: Medium- ascending via... walk, Len: 13.4km, Climb: 1111m, Area: Ben Lugmore East Top, Mweelrea Mountain

Corraduff Hill: Coastal Hill
sandman a day ago.
Corraduff Hill as seen from the Benwee Loop Walk.

Bencorrbeg - Binn an Choire and Binn Dubh
marzka a day ago.
Very nice walk with a bit of scrambling.And this GPS track involve that mentioned part of scrambling - but if you want... walk, Len: 10.4km, Climb: 944m, Area: Bencorrbeg, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benco

Benwee NE Head: Coastal Hill
sandman a day ago.
It is easy to reach the area i took the photo from just a slight detour off the Benwee Loop Walk F8220244947 it is the next bit that the problem arises. Definitely an Ian Miller summit.

Teermoyle and Been Hill
marzka a day ago.
Very nice walk with goregous views.Dificulty: Medium- a bit wet terrain, mostly grassy- some small part of walk on th... walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 843m, Area: Keamconneragh, Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Irel

Doonvinalla W Top: Coastal Hill
sandman a day ago.
The Stags of Broad Haven just one of the fantastic photo opportunities from this summit which is easily accessed from the Benwee Loop Walk the easy option from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259.

Mangerton via Stoompa and Horses Glen
marzka a day ago.
Lovely walk with stunning views.Dificulty: Medim- wet terrain as crossing the Owgariff river- very steepy descending w... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 673m, Area: Stoompa, Mangerton (Ireland) Stoompa, M

Doonvinalla E Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
Easy access from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259 follow the Benwee Loop walk and branch off where appropriate . The photo shows views across towards Benwee Head in the background .

Carrauntoohil via central guy and dawn via oshea-gully WINTER WALK
marzka a day ago.
This is a winter climb, therefore the winter equipment is needed and extra time should be added while planning that r... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 779m, Area: Carrauntoohil, MacGillycuddy's Reeks (Ir

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
Looking across to Doonvinalla N Top from E Top i decided it was above my pay grade to attempt the summit climb today . But to the right of the photo a route to the top seemingly exists so another ...