<< Prev page 1 .. 353 354 355 356 357 358 .. 373 Next page >>
I went out of my w.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
John Brennan...tha.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo, ju.. by johnvbrennan   (Show all posts)
I was in the middl.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2006-01-30 20:46:31
"Dead-on in the North" from Bleck Cra Expand pics
Dead-on in the North (Expand pics)
COME WITH MEEEE ...
Up to this point, it had been a uneventful day; uneventful and huffy: a pinching boot, a burst zip and gloves-on-gloves-off. Beneath the mist, it had been pleasant enough; in it, chill - and in dead-man’s land, bitter. A stroll over Commedagh into a grumbling Hares Gap, a dull pull up Bearnagh and a lacklustre approach to the North Tor. Then, above me, at three’o clock, in the mouth of a black crevice ….. Death. No reader, no metaphor or allusion; Death itself - in the fleshlessness. Face black and featureless beneath a hood, and bones bare and shamed within the shadows of a ragged cowl. A finger crooked, fixed on my soul. Now it’s not every day you meet Death. In fact it’s usually just one day in particular. “That’s just great”, I huffed: “a blistered heel, a frozen neck … and now, dead.” But, noblesse oblige, and I enquired of Death “you alright?” “Fine, good and yourself?” By the brogue, Death definitely came from this island. Thirty-ish. And a woman. I glanced at a pantomime-ragged hem and it seemed Death was no slouch with the pinking shears. “Now you’re embarrassed”, boomed a distant, disembodied brogue - this time a male one and then barking like a dog, just like the boxer dog winging out from behind the Tor. And out he came - with the camera and Death now breathless and giggling. Don’t ask. I have no idea, besides by now I was doing some kind of mantra-type humming. “Ah yes ho - yes ha” I gibbered. “Ah yes …..ha” echoed the photographer. His gig, so I didn’t take any shots, but attach an effort from the opposite Tors. Best be nice to people on the way up: you might need them on the way doooowwwnnnn …...
Couldn't agree mor.. by MickC   (Show all posts)
Your homage to the.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Hello,Are there cl.. by loz   (Show all posts)
Ahh Davie bhuy. A .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
For anyone out the.. by David Kirk   (Show all posts)

Corraduff Hill: Coastal Hill
sandman 6 hours ago.
Corraduff Hill as seen from the Benwee Loop Walk.

Benwee NE Head: Coastal Hill
sandman 6 hours ago.
It is easy to reach the area i took the photo from just a slight detour off the Benwee Loop Walk F8220244947 it is the next bit that the problem arises. Definitely an Ian Miller summit.

Doonvinalla W Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 6 hours ago.
The Stags of Broad Haven just one of the fantastic photo opportunities from this summit which is easily accessed from the Benwee Loop Walk the easy option from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259.

Geevraun Point: Coastal Hill
sandman a day ago.
Located in an area of stunning coastlines this hill does not disappoint . A fantastic linear coastal walk exists from Beldberg Pier to Porturlin Pier well worth the effort but if you wish to visit...

Doonvinalla E Top: Coastal Hill
sandman a day ago.
Easy access from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259 follow the Benwee Loop walk and branch off where appropriate . The photo shows views across towards Benwee Head in the background .

Exploration of Wicklow Head from the north.
As you will immediately see from the track this was an exploration of what is possible thoroughly exploring various d... walk, Len: 6.6km, Climb: 126m, Area: Brides Hill, Wicklow Coastal Hill (Irelan

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman a day ago.
Looking across to Doonvinalla N Top from E Top i decided it was above my pay grade to attempt the summit climb today . But to the right of the photo a route to the top seemingly exists so another ...

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman a day ago.
The look out post 3 years after my first visit.

Pic du Canigou
David-Guenot 5 days ago.
Ascending Catalogna's sacred mountain from the hamlet of Los Masos de Vallmanya, on well-marked trails, with two breaks walk, Len: 24.8km, Climb: 1853m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Ramble on Ireland's Eye
wicklore 5 days ago.
A short walk on Ireland's Eye in September 2015. Original plan to visit earlier in the summer was thwarted by a huge f... walk, Len: 2.6km, Climb: 80m, Area: Ireland's Eye, Dublin Islands (Ireland) I

Horse Island: Mayo Island
sandman a day ago.
View of Horse Island from Geevraun Point.

Pic de Cagire Loop
David-Guenot 6 days ago.
A great loop walk in one of my favourite areas in the Pyrenees, which should have hardly taken more than 4h30 hadn't I m walk, Len: 11.8km, Climb: 892m, Area: France, Occitanie ()