<< Prev page 1 .. 349 350 351 352 353 354 .. 369 Next page >>
Ahh Davie bhuy. A .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
For anyone out the.. by David Kirk   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo
2006-01-18 20:00:15
"President Monroe" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
President Monroe (Expand pics)
Heute gehort uns Deutschland, morgen die ganz
I have for some time been much gruntled at the thought of a weekend in the custody of the Tolleymore folk, there to be subjected to Mountain Ways, map learnin', book readin' , mindin' your rear end, and all that good stuff. Negotiations with my Senior Partner have concluded and a Temporary Release form has issued. A modest budget has been allocated. A headlamp and small First Aid kit will be commandeered to complete my baggage. The stage is set. But there are clouds...Knowing little about N. Ireland folk "in the flesh", I clicked on the Tolleymore website. The page I landed on :........ http://www.tollymoremc.com/ rings out the phrase: "Today Tolleymore...Tomorrow the World!" As I am currently re-reading my History of Germany from The Machtergreifung to 1939 I am rather conscious of the (unintended) resonances ("Today Germany is ours:Tomorrow the World"). I cheer myself with thoughts of my sweet encounters with the Wee Binnian Folk, and, indeed, our dear Bleck is generally ...agreeable. Lately though, his Myles na gCopaleen syndrome has been in the ascendent , and his prose are Joycean. Not Lord Haw Haw Joycean - the other fellow, who wrote the dirty books about Dublin in the daze before Lep Dancing. Meanwhile, I really must stay out of these petty disagreements between you all. I will remain aloof...I call that my "Monroe Doctrine".
My my, someone who.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Mr Cra is severely.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
Norma Jean Baker w.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
weedavie - glad to.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Munros are Scotlan.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
Hewitt, Nuttall, M.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Thanks John,Did a .. by loz   (Show all posts)

Keeper Hill from Silvermines (Knockanroe Carpark)
caseyc481 9 hours ago.
Wanted to climb Keeper Hill from the Silvermines side. Parked at Knockanroe carpark, walking downhill on fire road unt... walk, Len: 14.9km, Climb: 763m, Area: Keeper Hill, Shannon (Ireland) Keeper H

Keeper Hill from Silvermines (Knockanroe Carpark)
caseyc481 a day ago.
Wanted to climb Keeper Hill from the Silvermines side. Parked at Knockanroe carpark, walking downhill on fire road unt... walk, Len: 7.5km, Climb: 233m, Area: Keeper Hill, Shannon (Ireland) Keeper Hi

MountainViews Gathering 2017
simon3 a day ago.
The event on Feb 17, 2017 had Peter Walker as MC with two main speakers.Gareth McCormack spoke about the vision and technicalities of modern landscape photography.Paul Clements discussed the Wild ...

Tick/Lyme Disease Awareness
Geo 2 days ago.
Don't be a tick - Check out this article and be mindful of yourselves out there http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/lyme-disease-a-tiny-tick-can-pack-a-huge-punch-1.2964241I hav...

Meenavally: A pleasant walk to theTower
BigFly 2 days ago.
Lovely pleasant walk

Two Rock Mountain: Red Grouse near the summit.
BarnaneGoat a week ago.
I climbed here a few days ago from the east along the Dublin Mountains Way. The summit was shrouded in mist and we went astray at one point. I later discovered this was the result of a way marker ...

Sgurr a'Choire Riabhaich: If Allt a' Choire Charnaig in spate there's a small
melohara 2 weeks ago.
If the Allt a' Choire Charnaig is in spate there is a small footbridge, wires and planks, a little upstream

Sgurr Thuilm: If Allt a' Choire Charnaig in spate there's a small footbridge u
melohara 2 weeks ago.

Ballysitteragh Stroll
Bunsen7 2 days ago.
A short stroll from the Conor Pass carpark. My plans for greater things fell victim to the inclement weather.Simply st... walk, Len: 7.0km, Climb: 340m, Area: An Bhinn Dubh, Brandon Group (Ireland) A

Sgurr nan Coireachan: If Allt a' Choire Charnaig in spate there's a small foot
melohara 2 weeks ago.

The Big Gun: A Big View
mcrtchly 2 weeks ago.
A view of the Big Gun, Cnoc na Péiste and the southern ridge of the Reeks taken after a light fall of snow in late January 2017

Tievebaun: Crash of 42-31420 in 1943
dp_burke 2 weeks ago.
Just a quick link to the story of 42-31420's crash on Tievebaun as I found it.http://www.ww2irishaviation.com/42-31420.htmIf you do go up top the small bit of wreckage that is left, please don't r...