<< Prev page 1 .. 347 348 349 350 351 352 .. 366 Next page >>
2006-01-18 20:00:15
"President Monroe" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
President Monroe (Expand pics)
Heute gehort uns Deutschland, morgen die ganz
I have for some time been much gruntled at the thought of a weekend in the custody of the Tolleymore folk, there to be subjected to Mountain Ways, map learnin', book readin' , mindin' your rear end, and all that good stuff. Negotiations with my Senior Partner have concluded and a Temporary Release form has issued. A modest budget has been allocated. A headlamp and small First Aid kit will be commandeered to complete my baggage. The stage is set. But there are clouds...Knowing little about N. Ireland folk "in the flesh", I clicked on the Tolleymore website. The page I landed on :........ http://www.tollymoremc.com/ rings out the phrase: "Today Tolleymore...Tomorrow the World!" As I am currently re-reading my History of Germany from The Machtergreifung to 1939 I am rather conscious of the (unintended) resonances ("Today Germany is ours:Tomorrow the World"). I cheer myself with thoughts of my sweet encounters with the Wee Binnian Folk, and, indeed, our dear Bleck is generally ...agreeable. Lately though, his Myles na gCopaleen syndrome has been in the ascendent , and his prose are Joycean. Not Lord Haw Haw Joycean - the other fellow, who wrote the dirty books about Dublin in the daze before Lep Dancing. Meanwhile, I really must stay out of these petty disagreements between you all. I will remain aloof...I call that my "Monroe Doctrine".
My my, someone who.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Mr Cra is severely.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
Norma Jean Baker w.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
weedavie - glad to.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Munros are Scotlan.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
Hewitt, Nuttall, M.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Thanks John,Did a .. by loz   (Show all posts)
Hi Loz...........A.. by john_desmond   (Show all posts)
Seen in site - htt.. by loz   (Show all posts)

Barnahowna: Fine-weather photo
bryanmccabe 8 hours ago.
Thought a fine-weather photo of Barnahowna summit was needed!

Maumtrasna North-East Top: Worth a visit!
Collaborative entry Last edit by: bryanmccabe 10 hours ago.
Maumtrasna NE top, approximately 2km NE of Maumtrasna, is worth a visit in its own right. The most direct access is via the steep ridge up to nearby spot height 542. One possible starting point is...

Crossderry: Summit No 2 of a fine ridge walk.
hivisibility 10 hours ago.
Here is another view of Crossderry taken from Mothillín. You can see the twin peaks at the summit area. The summit proper is the one on the right. Knocknabreeda in the background.Its pretty rugged...

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Aidy a day ago.
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility a day ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 3 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility a day ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy a day ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility a day ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Crossderry: Summit looking East.
hivisibility a day ago.
Summit of Crossderry with view back towards Mothillín.There are 2 similar heights at the summit area. The summit is the one nearest the Eastern Reeks.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 2 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Quad bikers in the Mournes
mcrtchly 2 weeks ago.
Whilst out in the Mournes on Sunday 2nd Oct, at about 8.30am we were shocked to see a group of half a dozen quad bikers powering up the track from the Banns Road towards Lough Shannagh (below Doan...