<< Prev page 1 .. 352 353 354 355 356 357 .. 372 Next page >>
Hello,Are there cl.. by loz   (Show all posts)
Ahh Davie bhuy. A .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
For anyone out the.. by David Kirk   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo
2006-01-18 20:00:15
"President Monroe" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
President Monroe (Expand pics)
Heute gehort uns Deutschland, morgen die ganz
I have for some time been much gruntled at the thought of a weekend in the custody of the Tolleymore folk, there to be subjected to Mountain Ways, map learnin', book readin' , mindin' your rear end, and all that good stuff. Negotiations with my Senior Partner have concluded and a Temporary Release form has issued. A modest budget has been allocated. A headlamp and small First Aid kit will be commandeered to complete my baggage. The stage is set. But there are clouds...Knowing little about N. Ireland folk "in the flesh", I clicked on the Tolleymore website. The page I landed on :........ http://www.tollymoremc.com/ rings out the phrase: "Today Tolleymore...Tomorrow the World!" As I am currently re-reading my History of Germany from The Machtergreifung to 1939 I am rather conscious of the (unintended) resonances ("Today Germany is ours:Tomorrow the World"). I cheer myself with thoughts of my sweet encounters with the Wee Binnian Folk, and, indeed, our dear Bleck is generally ...agreeable. Lately though, his Myles na gCopaleen syndrome has been in the ascendent , and his prose are Joycean. Not Lord Haw Haw Joycean - the other fellow, who wrote the dirty books about Dublin in the daze before Lep Dancing. Meanwhile, I really must stay out of these petty disagreements between you all. I will remain aloof...I call that my "Monroe Doctrine".
My my, someone who.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Mr Cra is severely.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
Norma Jean Baker w.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
weedavie - glad to.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Munros are Scotlan.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
Hewitt, Nuttall, M.. by simon3   (Show all posts)

Mullaghanattin Circuit
Onzy an hour ago.

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark
simon3 a day ago.

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 5 days ago.

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 5 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 4 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 5 days ago.

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 5 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 5 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 5 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 4 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Into The Coum(eragh)'s
GSheehy 5 days ago.
The forecast was for heat, so I said I?d have an early start. Down to the base layer by the time I got to The Gap at ... walk, Len: 27.2km, Climb: 1226m, Area: Coumfea West Top, Comeragh Mountains (I

Eanach Mheáin: Galway Island
sandman 5 days ago.
Connemara Island Golf Course is a nine hole course located on this island and just inside its entrance at L9080830893 is the 11th/17th hole where the natural high point is adjacent to the ladies t...