<< Prev page 1 .. 354 355 356 357 358 359 .. 373 Next page >>
CaptainVertigo
2006-01-18 20:00:15
"President Monroe" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
President Monroe (Expand pics)
Heute gehort uns Deutschland, morgen die ganz
I have for some time been much gruntled at the thought of a weekend in the custody of the Tolleymore folk, there to be subjected to Mountain Ways, map learnin', book readin' , mindin' your rear end, and all that good stuff. Negotiations with my Senior Partner have concluded and a Temporary Release form has issued. A modest budget has been allocated. A headlamp and small First Aid kit will be commandeered to complete my baggage. The stage is set. But there are clouds...Knowing little about N. Ireland folk "in the flesh", I clicked on the Tolleymore website. The page I landed on :........ http://www.tollymoremc.com/ rings out the phrase: "Today Tolleymore...Tomorrow the World!" As I am currently re-reading my History of Germany from The Machtergreifung to 1939 I am rather conscious of the (unintended) resonances ("Today Germany is ours:Tomorrow the World"). I cheer myself with thoughts of my sweet encounters with the Wee Binnian Folk, and, indeed, our dear Bleck is generally ...agreeable. Lately though, his Myles na gCopaleen syndrome has been in the ascendent , and his prose are Joycean. Not Lord Haw Haw Joycean - the other fellow, who wrote the dirty books about Dublin in the daze before Lep Dancing. Meanwhile, I really must stay out of these petty disagreements between you all. I will remain aloof...I call that my "Monroe Doctrine".
My my, someone who.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Mr Cra is severely.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
Norma Jean Baker w.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
weedavie - glad to.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Munros are Scotlan.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
Hewitt, Nuttall, M.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Thanks John,Did a .. by loz   (Show all posts)
Hi Loz...........A.. by john_desmond   (Show all posts)
Seen in site - htt.. by loz   (Show all posts)

Illanmaster: Watching Over.
sandman less than an hour ago.
This hill watches over Illanmaster Island and although its summit is nothing of note its cliffs are fantastic. As described previously this can be part of a coastal walk or for direct accent park ...

Mweelrea Mt via Ben Lugmore
marzka an hour ago.
A very nice walk with amazing views and small bit of scrambling which can be avoided.Dificulty: Medium- ascending via... walk, Len: 13.4km, Climb: 1111m, Area: Ben Lugmore East Top, Mweelrea Mountain

Bencorrbeg - Binn an Choire and Binn Dubh
marzka an hour ago.
Very nice walk with a bit of scrambling.And this GPS track involve that mentioned part of scrambling - but if you want... walk, Len: 10.4km, Climb: 944m, Area: Bencorrbeg, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benco

Teermoyle and Been Hill
marzka an hour ago.
Very nice walk with goregous views.Dificulty: Medium- a bit wet terrain, mostly grassy- some small part of walk on th... walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 843m, Area: Keamconneragh, Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Irel

Mangerton via Stoompa and Horses Glen
marzka 2 hours ago.
Lovely walk with stunning views.Dificulty: Medim- wet terrain as crossing the Owgariff river- very steepy descending w... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 673m, Area: Stoompa, Mangerton (Ireland) Stoompa, M

Carrauntoohil via central guy and dawn via oshea-gully WINTER WALK
marzka 2 hours ago.
This is a winter climb, therefore the winter equipment is needed and extra time should be added while planning that r... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 779m, Area: Carrauntoohil, MacGillycuddy's Reeks (Ir

Corraduff Hill: Coastal Hill
sandman 12 hours ago.
Corraduff Hill as seen from the Benwee Loop Walk.

Benwee NE Head: Coastal Hill
sandman 12 hours ago.
It is easy to reach the area i took the photo from just a slight detour off the Benwee Loop Walk F8220244947 it is the next bit that the problem arises. Definitely an Ian Miller summit.

Doonvinalla W Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 12 hours ago.
The Stags of Broad Haven just one of the fantastic photo opportunities from this summit which is easily accessed from the Benwee Loop Walk the easy option from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259.

Geevraun Point: Coastal Hill
sandman a day ago.
Located in an area of stunning coastlines this hill does not disappoint . A fantastic linear coastal walk exists from Beldberg Pier to Porturlin Pier well worth the effort but if you wish to visit...

Doonvinalla E Top: Coastal Hill
sandman a day ago.
Easy access from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259 follow the Benwee Loop walk and branch off where appropriate . The photo shows views across towards Benwee Head in the background .

Exploration of Wicklow Head from the north.
As you will immediately see from the track this was an exploration of what is possible thoroughly exploring various d... walk, Len: 6.6km, Climb: 126m, Area: Brides Hill, Wicklow Coastal Hill (Irelan