<< Prev page 1 .. 350 351 352 353 354 355 .. 366 Next page >>
It's about what's .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Hey folks, am an a.. by Super64   (Show all posts)
2005-11-22 21:32:40
Watch your motors!
I know its been repreated ad nauseum in guide books and the like, but when you're in the Wicklow Mountains, park securely and away from prying eyes (as best you can manage). I had the misfortune to witness a break in to my car yesterday from near the top of Carrigshouk just halfway between the Sally Gap and Laragh. I could see a black saloon speeding along the military road, which skidded into the layby where I was parked. Two guys got out and examined my car, before smashing my driver's side rear window, but the alarm (or maybe the stink!) scared them off and they sped off towards Laragh. I phoned the police staright away but they couldn't do much. I could see everything but I was a good distance away and completely helpless. The sods got nothing though. I think i'll park away from the military road in future. I gather a lot of stolen cars from Dublin use it. I had all my valuables in my bag and left nothing in the car for them to see. So it always pays to bring your wallet on a hike in the Wicklow Mts!
Do something diffe.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
A few Google Earth.. by eoinc1   (Show all posts)
The usual route to.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Does anyone have a.. by sweeney   (Show all posts)
Iam very intereste.. by John Mac Manus   (Show all posts)
Maybe that's where.. by jkerr   (Show all posts)
I'm not sure if th.. by darawyer   (Show all posts)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility 5 hours ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Aidy 5 hours ago.
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility 5 hours ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility 5 hours ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy 14 hours ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 2 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...

Crossderry: Summit looking East.
hivisibility 5 hours ago.
Summit of Crossderry with view back towards Mothillín.There are 2 similar heights at the summit area. The summit is the one nearest the Eastern Reeks.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 a day ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Stumpa Dúloigh SE Top: Fine views to the East...
hivisibility 5 hours ago.
The view to Knocknabreeda, Crossderry and Mothillín as seen from the aooroach to Stúmpa Dúloigh SE Top. Torc in the centre with Mangerton rising over to the right.

Knocknabreeda: View of Carrauntoohil from the summit.
hivisibility 5 hours ago.
Carrauntoohil from Knocknabreeda summit.

Quad bikers in the Mournes
mcrtchly 2 weeks ago.
Whilst out in the Mournes on Sunday 2nd Oct, at about 8.30am we were shocked to see a group of half a dozen quad bikers powering up the track from the Banns Road towards Lough Shannagh (below Doan...

Slieve Foye
Onzy 6 days ago.
Sunday route over Slieve Foye and along the ridge for a bit... walk, Len: 9.9km, Climb: 439m, Area: Slieve Foye, Cooley/Gullion (Ireland) Slie...