<< Prev page 1 .. 352 353 354 355 356 357 .. 366 Next page >>
I'm not a member C.. by tsunami   (Show all posts)
You may wish to re.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Benbulbin via Glen.. by tiktiktik3   (Show all posts)
I wonder if there .. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
The Wee Binnians m.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Sunday September 1.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Thank you Wee Binn.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2005-09-13 22:28:29
Stone Faced and Stultified
Ahh Kirkie, yes. The road to Hell (aka the new track up Donard) …. is paved by mentals. Yet such cynicism sticks sideways in my craw because I know it’s all being done for the best - or some swampy’s idea of the best. Sure you’re never going to fall because you’re never going to be anywhere near the thing. It is a clean disaster from here to there and back and serves only the purpose of seating fat blokes from urban ganglands with their wide women and narrow weans, long enough to have a feg before its time to get aff and back in till the pub in Newcastle. Maybe see my contribution of 04-11-15. What about we get our hands on some commercial explosives (I live within an hour of North Belfast, Ballymena, Bangor, Banbridge, East Belfast, Lisburn, so at today’s date this will be easy enough) and blow the effing thing off the face of the planet. This of course will cause infinitely more damage that the enthusiasts are trying to stave off, but don’t worry, they won’t give us any bother, y’know, with the ballaclavies and all. Dear God, I promise never to be bad again: please give me my Slieve Donard back again, the way it was - and not that I’m asking but it might be OK if you took the people making the steps thing and dropped them in Roumania and let them build things there.
Yes V-sign: bullse.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
The Muppets are ba.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)

Hart Walk
GSheehy 12 hours ago.
{First off, I wasn't with the lads. Just sharing the info.}What?s not to like reading about the trials and tribulation walk, Len: 115.7km, Climb: 3215m, Area: Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland) Cloghernagh,

Barnahowna: Fine-weather photo
bryanmccabe 3 days ago.
Thought a fine-weather photo of Barnahowna summit was needed!

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Torc Mountain W Top: Big brother ....
hivisibility 2 days ago.
Here's a picture of Torc itself from Torc West Top. Approx 600m between the two summits.

Maumtrasna North-East Top: Worth a visit!
Collaborative entry Last edit by: bryanmccabe 3 days ago.
Maumtrasna NE top, approximately 2km NE of Maumtrasna, is worth a visit in its own right. The most direct access is via the steep ridge up to nearby spot height 542. One possible starting point is...

Crossderry: Summit No 2 of a fine ridge walk.
hivisibility 3 days ago.
Here is another view of Crossderry taken from Mothillín. You can see the twin peaks at the summit area. The summit proper is the one on the right. Knocknabreeda in the background.Its pretty rugged...

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy 4 days ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility 4 days ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility 4 days ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 5 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility 4 days ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 6 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...