<< Prev page 1 .. 358 359 360 361 362 363 .. 372 Next page >>
Ahh Kirkie, yes. T.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Yes V-sign: bullse.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
The Muppets are ba.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Hillwalking requir.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo
2005-08-25 18:34:08
"Achilles Heel" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
Achilles Heel (Expand pics)
New Boots
Not for the first time your Captain is like a Eunuch in a harem. Arrived in Connemara a fortnight ago with all necessary equipment fully functional. The senior partner reminded me that the purpose of the visit was a family holiday and that the hills would have to take a secondary place. Decided to do a preliminary check on Mam Ochoige with a view to ascending the MamTurks with my 14 year old when weather would allow. Found the whole thing so exhilarating that (even though it was 7.30pm) I proceeded to the summit of Binn Idir an Da Lug (about which more when I get home and can upload the photos).Anyway the old leather boots literally disintegrated on the descent, a lot of which was in twilight and some of which was in the dark. Bought new boots in Clifden next day and then FOOLISHLY failed to take any precautions. Simply galloped up Maolan and then onto Binn Bhreac...(Twelve Bens).By the time I got home my left heel was a soggy necrotic mass. Seven days later and I still can't wear an ordinary pair of shoes. I walk with a limp in sandals. Why didn't I take the simple precaution of wearing a bandage on my heels and an extra thick pair of socks. Meanwhile the Twelve Bens and the Northern Bens are practically overhanging our humble abode. I am deeply frustrated to have added merely two peaks to my bag, before my incapacitation.Regards to all.
Gerrym, yes I thin.. by jackill   (Show all posts)
A question to guag.. by gerrym   (Show all posts)
Michael -- yes I t.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Just had my first .. by Michael McA   (Show all posts)
Hi Malbekh. I assu.. by jackill   (Show all posts)

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 5 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect
Aidy a day ago.

Mullaghanattin Circuit
Onzy a day ago.

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 5 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 6 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 6 days ago.

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 6 days ago.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 6 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 6 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 6 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Eanach Mheáin: Galway Island
sandman 6 days ago.
Connemara Island Golf Course is a nine hole course located on this island and just inside its entrance at L9080830893 is the 11th/17th hole where the natural high point is adjacent to the ladies t...