<< Prev page 1 .. 246 247 248 249 250 251 .. 372 Next page >>
Hi Paulocon I see .. by Derry259   (Show all posts)
Mountain Views is .. by ahendroff   (Show all posts)
Following on from .. by mcrtchly   (Show all posts)
Simon has suggeste.. by kernowclimber   (Show all posts)
Dessie, here's a c.. by paulocon   (Show all posts)
I found a small bl.. by kili or bust   (Show all posts)
...jackill got me .. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
jackill
2010-05-02 23:46:09
"Where have all the Ploughers gone?" from jackill Expand pics
Where have all the Ploughers gone? (Expand pics)
Its only a little one
Long ago and far away a young scavvie , his mind addled by Arthur, made a promise to Wicklore “ Yes you shall go to the Faha Ridge” .
So we find ourself short of a sit down on the Connor pass at 9am on a Mayday.
A damp Cra later , a call to the Bloke and we were off.
After a while we tied up Wicklore but got bored and let him go again.
I did ok on Faha but went down instead of up on the way to Pierasmore which my fine feathered friend never mentioned again (God bless him and all who sail on him).
We dropped out of the cloud at Faill an tSais to a sea of saturated blue sweeping the sand banks of Tralee bay to fantastic Fenit.

On the tarmacadam home again I felt the contentment of a long day in the hills and as the few last spits of rain fell they laced that bleak watery hopelessness that comes from knowing that all these fine companions belong to the shovel and the worm, as do I.
Conversation on big holes on the hill, ballcocks and plumbers, flying Scotsmen and crashing buses will pass.
Remember my friends to join us next time, we’ll be dead long enough.

As the bleached bones of a scavvie are examined what now my love, now that its over? Scavvy 4 somewhere north in the middle of the year? A little more notice I can promise as the Cra, being half norman, is more organised than I and well versed in invasive operations.

And thank you my friend for shortening the long road
For those of us no.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
My dear Wicklore, .. by jackill   (Show all posts)

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark
simon3 a day ago.

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 4 days ago.

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 3 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 4 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 4 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 4 days ago.

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 3 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 4 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 4 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Into The Coum(eragh)'s
GSheehy 4 days ago.
The forecast was for heat, so I said I?d have an early start. Down to the base layer by the time I got to The Gap at ... walk, Len: 27.2km, Climb: 1226m, Area: Coumfea West Top, Comeragh Mountains (I

Eanach Mheáin: Galway Island
sandman 4 days ago.
Connemara Island Golf Course is a nine hole course located on this island and just inside its entrance at L9080830893 is the 11th/17th hole where the natural high point is adjacent to the ladies t...

Lettercallow: Coastal Hill
sandman 4 days ago.
By parking at L8760028966 you can walk on to open hillside with no access issues . A gentle accent to the summit area which unlike its nearest neighbour has no seating arrangements for the visitor...