<< Prev page 1 .. 356 357 358 359 360 361 .. 369 Next page >>
The recent IFA pro.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
jackill
2005-08-09 13:01:28
"Mont Blanc and the Brevna Glacier" from jackill Expand pics
Mont Blanc and the Brevna Glacier (Expand pics)
Monte Bianco
My wife and I spent a week in Northern Italy at the end of July with four days spent in the Aosta region.
My wife isn't into too much walking but I did manage to get her up to 1600mtrs to see the Gran Paradiso,
(4061 mtrs ) from Cogne- admittedly we drove there in a car.On the third day I relinquished my credit card she went shopping and I headed for Courmayeur which is the town on the Italian side of Monte Bianco. I parked just outside the town and headed off on one of the marked trails which eventually brought me to the foot of the Brenva Glacier.The photo was taken at approx 1400 mtrs at the foot of the Glacier with from the left Mount Noir de Peuterey, Mont Blanc(in clouds),and the slope up to Aiguille de la Brenva. Aosta is a beautiful place with many well marked trails to explore and friendly welcoming people, I will return.
Simon, Thanks for .. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
After almost a yea.. by SDillmore   (Show all posts)
Hey! A friend of .. by MDTyKe   (Show all posts)
I was having a loo.. by Michael McA   (Show all posts)
This photo was tak.. by evelyn   (Show all posts)
On my descent from.. by evelyn   (Show all posts)
Having had a sandw.. by evelyn   (Show all posts)

Keeper Hill from Silvermines (Knockanroe Carpark)
caseyc481 7 hours ago.
Wanted to climb Keeper Hill from the Silvermines side. Parked at Knockanroe carpark, walking downhill on fire road unt... walk, Len: 14.9km, Climb: 763m, Area: Keeper Hill, Shannon (Ireland) Keeper H

Keeper Hill from Silvermines (Knockanroe Carpark)
caseyc481 23 hours ago.
Wanted to climb Keeper Hill from the Silvermines side. Parked at Knockanroe carpark, walking downhill on fire road unt... walk, Len: 7.5km, Climb: 233m, Area: Keeper Hill, Shannon (Ireland) Keeper Hi

MountainViews Gathering 2017
simon3 a day ago.
The event on Feb 17, 2017 had Peter Walker as MC with two main speakers.Gareth McCormack spoke about the vision and technicalities of modern landscape photography.Paul Clements discussed the Wild ...

Tick/Lyme Disease Awareness
Geo a day ago.
Don't be a tick - Check out this article and be mindful of yourselves out there http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/lyme-disease-a-tiny-tick-can-pack-a-huge-punch-1.2964241I hav...

Meenavally: A pleasant walk to theTower
BigFly 2 days ago.
Lovely pleasant walk

Two Rock Mountain: Red Grouse near the summit.
BarnaneGoat a week ago.
I climbed here a few days ago from the east along the Dublin Mountains Way. The summit was shrouded in mist and we went astray at one point. I later discovered this was the result of a way marker ...

Sgurr a'Choire Riabhaich: If Allt a' Choire Charnaig in spate there's a small
melohara 2 weeks ago.
If the Allt a' Choire Charnaig is in spate there is a small footbridge, wires and planks, a little upstream

Sgurr Thuilm: If Allt a' Choire Charnaig in spate there's a small footbridge u
melohara 2 weeks ago.

Ballysitteragh Stroll
Bunsen7 2 days ago.
A short stroll from the Conor Pass carpark. My plans for greater things fell victim to the inclement weather.Simply st... walk, Len: 7.0km, Climb: 340m, Area: An Bhinn Dubh, Brandon Group (Ireland) A

Sgurr nan Coireachan: If Allt a' Choire Charnaig in spate there's a small foot
melohara 2 weeks ago.

The Big Gun: A Big View
mcrtchly 2 weeks ago.
A view of the Big Gun, Cnoc na Péiste and the southern ridge of the Reeks taken after a light fall of snow in late January 2017

Tievebaun: Crash of 42-31420 in 1943
dp_burke 2 weeks ago.
Just a quick link to the story of 42-31420's crash on Tievebaun as I found it.http://www.ww2irishaviation.com/42-31420.htmIf you do go up top the small bit of wreckage that is left, please don't r...