<< Prev page 1 .. 247 248 249 250 251 252 .. 366 Next page >>
I hope you enjoy ".. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
The screenshot sho.. by csd   (Show all posts)
If you've ever fou.. by csd   (Show all posts)
Thanks wicklore fo.. by gm   (Show all posts)
Brenno, if I am no.. by padodes   (Show all posts)
Looking for the as.. by brenno   (Show all posts)
In reply to gm's q.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
After Captain Vert.. by mcrtchly   (Show all posts)
I found a bunch of.. by dsc555   (Show all posts)
2010-03-15 20:32:32
"Squeezing YouTube" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
Squeezing YouTube (Expand pics)
Mweelrea P2- Post Production Difficulties
The creation of my first mountain movie “Mweelrea Part 1” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE48XGStkU0) was great fun from beginning to end. I am pleased to say that during this first week at the YouTube “box office” the statistics indicate that 170 mountain loving folk gave up five minutes each of their lives to view my offering. (I am loath to discount the fact that I have viewed the movie many times myself in an effort to “boost ratings”). Reaction has been very encouraging, especially considering the deletion of the solitary sex scene. I want to thank jackill, csd, weedavie and Kernowclimber for their kind comments. In the latter case I particularly applaud the lyrical writing and the expression of great emotion in the face of mountain beauty. We have much in common. More prosaically I confirm that the editing software used was Adobe Premiere Elements 8. It cost me around €80.00. (see adobe.com) Sadly, this fine software crashed during the editing of Mweelrea Part 2: my wife fears that P2 may yet be our Citizen Kane, an artistic triumph of enduring quality but the rock upon which we may yet perish. P2 covers that part of the Mweelrea Horseshoe that runs from the summit of Mweelrea across to Ben Bury and then round the Great Lugmore Rim (taking in the three peaks) and back to base at the Delphi Mountain Lodge. While the outbound journey (seen in Part 1) was full of hope and broad panning shots, I am afraid that the journey home shows the terrified Captain teetering on the icy ridge of the Lugmore Rim. It is not a pretty sight. The chosen music was Wagner’s Götterdämmerung and the general mood “foreboding”. Think Ingmar Bergman on a bad day. Now I am wondering if the forced re-edit might be an opportunity to perhaps lighten the musical load. A well wisher has suggested the theme from Black Beauty, but I am tempted by the more commercially attractive “Hawaii 5-0”. We shall see. Finally sincere thanks to Kernowclimber whose response alone made the entire enterprise worthwhile. As I am the “Titanic” Kernowclimber is my “Carpathia”. We are ships that almost passed in the night, but not quite. Part 2 of “Mweelrea- The Movie” is dedicated to all you good people, including weedavie to whom I now say : Vos vestros servate, meos mihi linquite mores

Castle Hill
Onzy less than an hour ago.
Up and down Castle Hill. Essentially a duplicate of track 2048, but substantially shorter as I parked blocking a gate wi walk, Len: 4.8km, Climb: 398m, Area: Slieve Mish (Ireland)

Caha Mountains: Tooreennamna
Onzy an hour ago.
Route taking in Tooreenamna, an outlier to the west of the Cummeenageera circuit and a highly rated hill. walk, Len: 4.5km, Climb: 439m, Area: Tooreennamna, Caha Mountains (Ireland) Too...

Hart Walk
GSheehy 16 hours ago.
{First off, I wasn't with the lads. Just sharing the info.}What?s not to like reading about the trials and tribulation walk, Len: 115.7km, Climb: 3215m, Area: Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland) Cloghernagh,

Barnahowna: Fine-weather photo
bryanmccabe 3 days ago.
Thought a fine-weather photo of Barnahowna summit was needed!

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Torc Mountain W Top: Big brother ....
hivisibility 2 days ago.
Here's a picture of Torc itself from Torc West Top. Approx 600m between the two summits.

Maumtrasna North-East Top: Worth a visit!
Collaborative entry Last edit by: bryanmccabe 3 days ago.
Maumtrasna NE top, approximately 2km NE of Maumtrasna, is worth a visit in its own right. The most direct access is via the steep ridge up to nearby spot height 542. One possible starting point is...

Crossderry: Summit No 2 of a fine ridge walk.
hivisibility 3 days ago.
Here is another view of Crossderry taken from Mothillín. You can see the twin peaks at the summit area. The summit proper is the one on the right. Knocknabreeda in the background.Its pretty rugged...

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy 4 days ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility 4 days ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility 4 days ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 5 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela