<< Prev page 1 .. 253 254 255 256 257 258 .. 372 Next page >>
After Captain Vert.. by mcrtchly   (Show all posts)
I found a bunch of.. by dsc555   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo
2010-03-15 20:32:32
"Squeezing YouTube" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
Squeezing YouTube (Expand pics)
Mweelrea P2- Post Production Difficulties
The creation of my first mountain movie “Mweelrea Part 1” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE48XGStkU0) was great fun from beginning to end. I am pleased to say that during this first week at the YouTube “box office” the statistics indicate that 170 mountain loving folk gave up five minutes each of their lives to view my offering. (I am loath to discount the fact that I have viewed the movie many times myself in an effort to “boost ratings”). Reaction has been very encouraging, especially considering the deletion of the solitary sex scene. I want to thank jackill, csd, weedavie and Kernowclimber for their kind comments. In the latter case I particularly applaud the lyrical writing and the expression of great emotion in the face of mountain beauty. We have much in common. More prosaically I confirm that the editing software used was Adobe Premiere Elements 8. It cost me around €80.00. (see adobe.com) Sadly, this fine software crashed during the editing of Mweelrea Part 2: my wife fears that P2 may yet be our Citizen Kane, an artistic triumph of enduring quality but the rock upon which we may yet perish. P2 covers that part of the Mweelrea Horseshoe that runs from the summit of Mweelrea across to Ben Bury and then round the Great Lugmore Rim (taking in the three peaks) and back to base at the Delphi Mountain Lodge. While the outbound journey (seen in Part 1) was full of hope and broad panning shots, I am afraid that the journey home shows the terrified Captain teetering on the icy ridge of the Lugmore Rim. It is not a pretty sight. The chosen music was Wagner’s Götterdämmerung and the general mood “foreboding”. Think Ingmar Bergman on a bad day. Now I am wondering if the forced re-edit might be an opportunity to perhaps lighten the musical load. A well wisher has suggested the theme from Black Beauty, but I am tempted by the more commercially attractive “Hawaii 5-0”. We shall see. Finally sincere thanks to Kernowclimber whose response alone made the entire enterprise worthwhile. As I am the “Titanic” Kernowclimber is my “Carpathia”. We are ships that almost passed in the night, but not quite. Part 2 of “Mweelrea- The Movie” is dedicated to all you good people, including weedavie to whom I now say : Vos vestros servate, meos mihi linquite mores
In that weird way,.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
You'll get them if.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
Vertigo, I looked .. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
After a lovely mid.. by gm   (Show all posts)
We were absolutely.. by kernowclimber   (Show all posts)
Whoever thought we.. by dmcdonag   (Show all posts)
I have an unwritte.. by csd   (Show all posts)

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark
simon3 6 hours ago.

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 3 days ago.

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 2 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 3 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 3 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 3 days ago.

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 2 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Into The Coum(eragh)'s
GSheehy 3 days ago.
The forecast was for heat, so I said I?d have an early start. Down to the base layer by the time I got to The Gap at ... walk, Len: 27.2km, Climb: 1226m, Area: Coumfea West Top, Comeragh Mountains (I

Eanach Mheáin: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
Connemara Island Golf Course is a nine hole course located on this island and just inside its entrance at L9080830893 is the 11th/17th hole where the natural high point is adjacent to the ladies t...

Lettercallow: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
By parking at L8760028966 you can walk on to open hillside with no access issues . A gentle accent to the summit area which unlike its nearest neighbour has no seating arrangements for the visitor...