<< Prev page 1 .. 254 255 256 257 258 259 .. 373 Next page >>
I hope you enjoy ".. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
The screenshot sho.. by csd   (Show all posts)
If you've ever fou.. by csd   (Show all posts)
Thanks wicklore fo.. by gm   (Show all posts)
Brenno, if I am no.. by padodes   (Show all posts)
Looking for the as.. by brenno   (Show all posts)
In reply to gm's q.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
After Captain Vert.. by mcrtchly   (Show all posts)
I found a bunch of.. by dsc555   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo
2010-03-15 20:32:32
"Squeezing YouTube" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
Squeezing YouTube (Expand pics)
Mweelrea P2- Post Production Difficulties
The creation of my first mountain movie “Mweelrea Part 1” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE48XGStkU0) was great fun from beginning to end. I am pleased to say that during this first week at the YouTube “box office” the statistics indicate that 170 mountain loving folk gave up five minutes each of their lives to view my offering. (I am loath to discount the fact that I have viewed the movie many times myself in an effort to “boost ratings”). Reaction has been very encouraging, especially considering the deletion of the solitary sex scene. I want to thank jackill, csd, weedavie and Kernowclimber for their kind comments. In the latter case I particularly applaud the lyrical writing and the expression of great emotion in the face of mountain beauty. We have much in common. More prosaically I confirm that the editing software used was Adobe Premiere Elements 8. It cost me around €80.00. (see adobe.com) Sadly, this fine software crashed during the editing of Mweelrea Part 2: my wife fears that P2 may yet be our Citizen Kane, an artistic triumph of enduring quality but the rock upon which we may yet perish. P2 covers that part of the Mweelrea Horseshoe that runs from the summit of Mweelrea across to Ben Bury and then round the Great Lugmore Rim (taking in the three peaks) and back to base at the Delphi Mountain Lodge. While the outbound journey (seen in Part 1) was full of hope and broad panning shots, I am afraid that the journey home shows the terrified Captain teetering on the icy ridge of the Lugmore Rim. It is not a pretty sight. The chosen music was Wagner’s Götterdämmerung and the general mood “foreboding”. Think Ingmar Bergman on a bad day. Now I am wondering if the forced re-edit might be an opportunity to perhaps lighten the musical load. A well wisher has suggested the theme from Black Beauty, but I am tempted by the more commercially attractive “Hawaii 5-0”. We shall see. Finally sincere thanks to Kernowclimber whose response alone made the entire enterprise worthwhile. As I am the “Titanic” Kernowclimber is my “Carpathia”. We are ships that almost passed in the night, but not quite. Part 2 of “Mweelrea- The Movie” is dedicated to all you good people, including weedavie to whom I now say : Vos vestros servate, meos mihi linquite mores

Doonvinalla E Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 13 hours ago.
Easy access from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259 follow the Benwee Loop walk and branch off where appropriate . The photo shows views across towards Benwee Head in the background .

Exploration of Wicklow Head from the north.
As you will immediately see from the track this was an exploration of what is possible thoroughly exploring various d... walk, Len: 6.6km, Climb: 126m, Area: Brides Hill, Wicklow Coastal Hill (Irelan

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 14 hours ago.
Looking across to Doonvinalla N Top from E Top i decided it was above my pay grade to attempt the summit climb today . But to the right of the photo a route to the top seemingly exists so another ...

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 14 hours ago.
The look out post 3 years after my first visit.

Pic du Canigou
David-Guenot 4 days ago.
Ascending Catalogna's sacred mountain from the hamlet of Los Masos de Vallmanya, on well-marked trails, with two breaks walk, Len: 24.8km, Climb: 1853m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Geevraun Point: Coastal Hill
sandman 14 hours ago.
Located in an area of stunning coastlines this hill does not disappoint . A fantastic linear coastal walk exists from Beldberg Pier to Porturlin Pier well worth the effort but if yo wish to visit ...

Ramble on Ireland's Eye
wicklore 5 days ago.
A short walk on Ireland's Eye in September 2015. Original plan to visit earlier in the summer was thwarted by a huge f... walk, Len: 2.6km, Climb: 80m, Area: Ireland's Eye, Dublin Islands (Ireland) I

Horse Island: Mayo Island
sandman 14 hours ago.
View of Horse Island from Geevraun Point.

Pic de Cagire Loop
David-Guenot 6 days ago.
A great loop walk in one of my favourite areas in the Pyrenees, which should have hardly taken more than 4h30 hadn't I m walk, Len: 11.8km, Climb: 892m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Raheen: Coastal Hill
sandman 14 hours ago.
The photo shows the Megalithic Tomb adjacent to the summit of this small hill which is an easy accent from the old turf cutting track located at G0018340427.

Benbeg to Cuilcagh
dmcdevitt 6 days ago.
GPS was not accurate during the walk. learn't a lesson not to use your phone app to track your walk but overall it is ac walk, Len: 8.7km, Climb: 447m, Area: Benbeg, Breifne (Ireland) Benbeg

Lackan Hill: Coastal Hill
sandman 14 hours ago.
Arriving close to the location i came across two farmers moving cattle who i asked about Lackan Hill they looked bemused replying you will not find any hills in here so i quickly changed to standi...