<< Prev page 1 .. 250 251 252 253 254 255 .. 366 Next page >>
Emerald Island GPS.. by Pazapas   (Show all posts)
2010-02-16 00:08:52
"Warming Mweelrea" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
Warming Mweelrea (Expand pics)
Random Run in My Tights Denier
I am an androgenic climate change sceptic. I do not wish to be labelled a "denier" simply because I follow the dictum that those who assert must prove. The rubric "denier" does not lightly transfer from anti holocaust polemicists to scientific agnostics. So please get off my back those of you who proclaim certainty. My initial doubts surfaced in the face of massive variations in earthly temperatures over millenia: ice sheets ebbing and flowing; oceans rising and falling; mountains raised up and pulled apart. Then Booker's The Real Global Warming Disaster highlighted the messianic zeal of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, the lack of peer reviewing of key papers, the editing of data and conclusions to hype things up: the naked dishonesty. If you have not yet read Booker you really ought to. Just because I have serious reservations about ACC dosen't mean that I welcome human overpopulation, or the belching of pollutants into the sky. We really ought to care more for our fragile planet. Getting back to ACC I once harboured a hope that global warming might mean better hillwalking conditions along the western coast. But then it dawned on me. If Ireland's mountains were located in a Corfu like milieu we would soon be overrun by hordes from the east. I accept my beautiful western mountains as they are...wild wet windy and occasionally, but never dependably, bathed in beautiful sunshine. I like walking on the edge, remote from the madding crowds. In the words of Hilary Rodham Clinton: "I honour what we've been through together"
am i blind/stupid .. by markmjcampion   (Show all posts)
Yes marymac: erudi.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Valentines’s Day. .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
To have great poet.. by marymac   (Show all posts)
Yes, I think a cas.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Captain. My melanc.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
I'm glad to hear B.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Wicklore, sorry to.. by padodes   (Show all posts)

Barnahowna: Fine-weather photo
bryanmccabe 4 hours ago.
Thought a fine-weather photo of Barnahowna summit was needed!

Maumtrasna North-East Top: Worth a visit!
Collaborative entry Last edit by: bryanmccabe 5 hours ago.
Maumtrasna NE top, approximately 2km NE of Maumtrasna, is worth a visit in its own right. The most direct access is via the steep ridge up to nearby spot height 542. One possible starting point is...

Crossderry: Summit No 2 of a fine ridge walk.
hivisibility 5 hours ago.
Here is another view of Crossderry taken from Mothillín. You can see the twin peaks at the summit area. The summit proper is the one on the right. Knocknabreeda in the background.Its pretty rugged...

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Aidy a day ago.
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility a day ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 3 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility a day ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy a day ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility a day ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Crossderry: Summit looking East.
hivisibility a day ago.
Summit of Crossderry with view back towards Mothillín.There are 2 similar heights at the summit area. The summit is the one nearest the Eastern Reeks.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 2 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Quad bikers in the Mournes
mcrtchly 2 weeks ago.
Whilst out in the Mournes on Sunday 2nd Oct, at about 8.30am we were shocked to see a group of half a dozen quad bikers powering up the track from the Banns Road towards Lough Shannagh (below Doan...