<< Prev page 1 .. 357 358 359 360 361 362 .. 369 Next page >>
I'm not a geologis.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
For those of us wh.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Hello all,Can some.. by andagda   (Show all posts)
In Munsters Mounta.. by mcgowan   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2005-06-28 22:50:31
"Eagle in the Mist" from Bleck Cra Expand pics
Eagle in the Mist (Expand pics)
Pique Performance
There are few moments in our brief skite across this slippery world, when the mist clears and a horizon sharp as a razor blade makes us dive for cover. With that kind of intro, we could expect this to be one. He stood mesmerised by the conflicting images at the Bloody Bridge carpark - height, depth, width, length. In a muscle shirt, de trop sun specs, a bag with the whole camel in it and poles with a shine to take your eye out. “Where you heading?” I posed in a kind of a so-what way. “Oh, up Komodo,” he suggested. Other subjects were discussed - beer, women, life. “Oh I work in advertising and what about you (dragon slayer)?”. “I work for the Library Board…, part-time.” (The name’s Bond - James Bond.) Anyway, so he says “I had a friend. We were on Eagle Rock; you know where that is?” I took a good look at him: big muscle shirt, big bloke but no big muscles. Too many curry chips to be anywhere near Eagle Rock, the quickest route out of this world, in the Mournes. “Well it was unbelievable,” he said, “like ice.” “Was it?” said I. “Was it what?” said he. “Ice?” said I. “Yes,” said he. “And my friend …” at this point, he did a downhill ski thing with his hand, and off over some imaginary precipice and then ……. silence. “my friend …he was just …..” and he looked dolefully at his feet, “…. he was gone.” Suddenly, my sarcasm was ashamed and I was gripped by the pathos of the thing. “When was this?” I ventured. “Last week.” “Bloody Hell”, I thought. “And he said he would never came back to hillwalking, ever again.” “Ah,” I said and just went on.
With the use of tr.. by evelyn   (Show all posts)
alas my friend ble.. by evelyn   (Show all posts)
I'm back to this l.. by evelyn   (Show all posts)
Two young Dubliner.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
A cold winter nigh.. by skyehigh   (Show all posts)

Keeper Hill from Silvermines (Knockanroe Carpark)
caseyc481 11 hours ago.
Wanted to climb Keeper Hill from the Silvermines side. Parked at Knockanroe carpark, walking downhill on fire road unt... walk, Len: 14.9km, Climb: 763m, Area: Keeper Hill, Shannon (Ireland) Keeper H

Keeper Hill from Silvermines (Knockanroe Carpark)
caseyc481 a day ago.
Wanted to climb Keeper Hill from the Silvermines side. Parked at Knockanroe carpark, walking downhill on fire road unt... walk, Len: 7.5km, Climb: 233m, Area: Keeper Hill, Shannon (Ireland) Keeper Hi

MountainViews Gathering 2017
simon3 a day ago.
The event on Feb 17, 2017 had Peter Walker as MC with two main speakers.Gareth McCormack spoke about the vision and technicalities of modern landscape photography.Paul Clements discussed the Wild ...

Tick/Lyme Disease Awareness
Geo 2 days ago.
Don't be a tick - Check out this article and be mindful of yourselves out there http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/lyme-disease-a-tiny-tick-can-pack-a-huge-punch-1.2964241I hav...

Meenavally: A pleasant walk to theTower
BigFly 2 days ago.
Lovely pleasant walk

Two Rock Mountain: Red Grouse near the summit.
BarnaneGoat a week ago.
I climbed here a few days ago from the east along the Dublin Mountains Way. The summit was shrouded in mist and we went astray at one point. I later discovered this was the result of a way marker ...

Sgurr a'Choire Riabhaich: If Allt a' Choire Charnaig in spate there's a small
melohara 2 weeks ago.
If the Allt a' Choire Charnaig is in spate there is a small footbridge, wires and planks, a little upstream

Sgurr Thuilm: If Allt a' Choire Charnaig in spate there's a small footbridge u
melohara 2 weeks ago.

Ballysitteragh Stroll
Bunsen7 2 days ago.
A short stroll from the Conor Pass carpark. My plans for greater things fell victim to the inclement weather.Simply st... walk, Len: 7.0km, Climb: 340m, Area: An Bhinn Dubh, Brandon Group (Ireland) A

Sgurr nan Coireachan: If Allt a' Choire Charnaig in spate there's a small foot
melohara 2 weeks ago.

The Big Gun: A Big View
mcrtchly 2 weeks ago.
A view of the Big Gun, Cnoc na Péiste and the southern ridge of the Reeks taken after a light fall of snow in late January 2017

Tievebaun: Crash of 42-31420 in 1943
dp_burke 2 weeks ago.
Just a quick link to the story of 42-31420's crash on Tievebaun as I found it.http://www.ww2irishaviation.com/42-31420.htmIf you do go up top the small bit of wreckage that is left, please don't r...