<< Prev page 1 .. 254 255 256 257 258 259 .. 366 Next page >>
In response to sim.. by slemish   (Show all posts)
Any advice on club.. by syn899   (Show all posts)
I'm considering a .. by Tom Milligan   (Show all posts)
Following up belat.. by pdtempan   (Show all posts)
Galtymore is amazi.. by tmaher33   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2010-01-04 21:59:35
"" from Bleck Cra Expand pics
(Expand pics)
Some time-n-spacemen, aver that zero has a value: too much time-n-space on their hands. You forgot to buy your partner a present at Christmas. But Darling, zero has a value. Suddenly a ringing noise in your ears, a warm drip from your nose and the sound of a slamming door. So I hesitate to propose that it is without fear of contradiction that today I heard absolutely nothing. I mean zero itself. A small but perfectly formed Noreasterly did circus tricks in Dundrum Bay, whipping black snow squalls across solstice sunbursts and steaming up bifocals from the Black Stairs to Blaeberry. Underfoot, creamy snow swirls gripped like glue then suddenly, ice traps hungry for your soul, on its return from the rocks below. A black dog scoured white Donard for its invisible human, unhinged by this monochrome world. Children squealed primate squeals across ancient valleys and a fool with crampons failed to escape my sarcasm. Kit of every colour but today, only black against this postcard white. Commedagh never fails to surprise. We trudge on to her, expecting little and float off, our heads full of magic sparkles. I have noted before in this organ the merits of low level walking at this time of year and do so again: North off Commedagh takes you into a disused fire chute now inhabited by faeries. A tunnel of dark moss, boulders and mushrooms, wherein there will be a theft. Your heart. Actually today I thought it was my ears. I have never not heard anything before, quite the way that I not heard anything there today. You get the picture which never also have I seen so not moving. Boy was it still. This winter, forego the excitement of a fractured femur beneath some heathen crag and go for zero instead.
Like many I had mi.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Climb towards Tros.. by Howmanyminutes   (Show all posts)
New Years Day Run... by Howmanyminutes   (Show all posts)
Went up lug from F.. by dsc555   (Show all posts)

Hart Walk
GSheehy 5 hours ago.
{First off, I wasn't with the lads. Just sharing the info.}What?s not to like reading about the trials and tribulation walk, Len: 115.7km, Climb: 3215m, Area: Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland) Cloghernagh,

Barnahowna: Fine-weather photo
bryanmccabe 3 days ago.
Thought a fine-weather photo of Barnahowna summit was needed!

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Torc Mountain W Top: Big brother ....
hivisibility 2 days ago.
Here's a picture of Torc itself from Torc West Top. Approx 600m between the two summits.

Maumtrasna North-East Top: Worth a visit!
Collaborative entry Last edit by: bryanmccabe 3 days ago.
Maumtrasna NE top, approximately 2km NE of Maumtrasna, is worth a visit in its own right. The most direct access is via the steep ridge up to nearby spot height 542. One possible starting point is...

Crossderry: Summit No 2 of a fine ridge walk.
hivisibility 3 days ago.
Here is another view of Crossderry taken from Mothillín. You can see the twin peaks at the summit area. The summit proper is the one on the right. Knocknabreeda in the background.Its pretty rugged...

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy 4 days ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility 4 days ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility 4 days ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 5 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility 4 days ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 6 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...