<< Prev page 1 .. 274 275 276 277 278 279 .. 373 Next page >>
Has anyone else co.. by khkk   (Show all posts)
When god created t.. by oldsoldier   (Show all posts)
I will be giving t.. by mountain_goat666   (Show all posts)
Plenty of them.Par.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
Taking the family .. by paulocon   (Show all posts)
wicklore
2009-07-20 08:30:26
"15 foot high cross on Knockroe. Blackstairs Mtn beyond. " from wicklore Expand pics
15 foot high cross on Knockroe. Blackstairs Mtn beyond. (Expand pics)
Re: Comments
MV posts seem to serve different purposes for different people. Some appear to want a place to share their photo of a hill, without the need to get involved in further elaboration. I think this can be useful to literally 'build up a picture' of a particular hill.

Others, like myself, seek a bit more in terms of information. When I am preparing to go and walk on a hill or area I have not visited before the first thing I do is check MV for previous posts about the place. Like csd, I am looking for useful information on parking, access, conditions, accuracy of forest tracks and any other useful bits of information that might assist in my planning. In return I try to include some or all of these factors in my own posts that I submit. (hence why I appear to speak to so many farmers - getting useful information re: access and local knowledge. Plus I like to talk!)

Also of interest to me are those unexpected surpises or unusual events that are sometimes witnessed and shared by walkers. (someone once posted a photo of a fox and a bird of prey fighting, and of course let's not forget Simon3's infamous 'when pheasants attack' post!)

I think there is scope for both the detailed informative posts as well as the professional photos. Whether, as Conor74 asks, someone should include pictures of muddy gaitors will be decided by the value given to that post by the marking system.

Something I have often wondered about is whether I should post a photo taken looking at the mountain or looking out from its summit?
Just a few picture.. by josvanderlinden   (Show all posts)
hi could the 1 per.. by rossbeighed   (Show all posts)
This issue of how .. by csd   (Show all posts)
ConorNo, comment r.. by simon3   (Show all posts)

Forum: Suggestions
Addition of "All Irish features" list etc
simon3 10 hours ago.
A new list and total has been added which shows All Irish features visited. So if you mark as visited any summit, coastal summit, coastal feature, island feature then this total will go up. You ca...

Illanmaster: Watching Over.
sandman 2 days ago.
This hill watches over Illanmaster Island and although its summit is nothing of note its cliffs are fantastic. As described previously this can be part of a coastal walk or for direct accent park ...

Corraduff Hill: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
Corraduff Hill as seen from the Benwee Loop Walk.

Mweelrea Mt via Ben Lugmore
marzka 2 days ago.
A very nice walk with amazing views and small bit of scrambling which can be avoided.Dificulty: Medium- ascending via... walk, Len: 13.4km, Climb: 1111m, Area: Ben Lugmore East Top, Mweelrea Mountain

Bencorrbeg - Binn an Choire and Binn Dubh
marzka 2 days ago.
Very nice walk with a bit of scrambling.And this GPS track involve that mentioned part of scrambling - but if you want... walk, Len: 10.4km, Climb: 944m, Area: Bencorrbeg, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benco

Benwee NE Head: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
It is easy to reach the area i took the photo from just a slight detour off the Benwee Loop Walk F8220244947 it is the next bit that the problem arises. Definitely an Ian Miller summit.

Teermoyle and Been Hill
marzka 2 days ago.
Very nice walk with goregous views.Dificulty: Medium- a bit wet terrain, mostly grassy- some small part of walk on th... walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 843m, Area: Keamconneragh, Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Irel

Doonvinalla W Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
The Stags of Broad Haven just one of the fantastic photo opportunities from this summit which is easily accessed from the Benwee Loop Walk the easy option from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259.

Mangerton via Stoompa and Horses Glen
marzka 2 days ago.
Lovely walk with stunning views.Dificulty: Medim- wet terrain as crossing the Owgariff river- very steepy descending w... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 673m, Area: Stoompa, Mangerton (Ireland) Stoompa, M

Doonvinalla E Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
Easy access from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259 follow the Benwee Loop walk and branch off where appropriate . The photo shows views across towards Benwee Head in the background .

Carrauntoohil via central guy and dawn via oshea-gully WINTER WALK
marzka 2 days ago.
This is a winter climb, therefore the winter equipment is needed and extra time should be added while planning that r... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 779m, Area: Carrauntoohil, MacGillycuddy's Reeks (Ir

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
Looking across to Doonvinalla N Top from E Top i decided it was above my pay grade to attempt the summit climb today . But to the right of the photo a route to the top seemingly exists so another ...