<< Prev page 1 .. 272 273 274 275 276 277 .. 369 Next page >>
Howmanyminutes I'v.. by slemish   (Show all posts)
Hi Glashedy007.Her.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Could some one hel.. by Glashedy007   (Show all posts)
Hi Calgarygirl, pd.. by dhmiriam   (Show all posts)
Hi Calgarygirl, I .. by pdtempan   (Show all posts)
Thanks for sheddin.. by Howmanyminutes   (Show all posts)
We'll be hiking in.. by calgarygirl   (Show all posts)
peterturner
2009-06-14 15:39:00
Re: Iconic Mountain
Perhaps another way of thinking of iconic is famous from an atlas point of view. Growing up in New Zealand I knew nothing of Ballykissangel or Father Ted and even if I did I wouldn't know that the mountains shown were Croagh Patrick or Great Sugar Loaf despite how obvious it is to us aficionados. However the one mountain I did know was Carrauntohil simply because every atlas I ever saw showed it on the map just like Ben Nevis for Scotland, Snowdon for Wales or Mt Kosciusko in Australia or Mt Cook in New Zealand. One even contained photos of these highest mountains too. There was actually a political party in New Zealand called the Macgiilycuddy Serious Party who picked its nominations for election by having a skipping contest but I can only guess they picked their name after looking at a map of Ireland's famous Reeks.
You are thinking i.. by pazapas   (Show all posts)
As my contribution.. by Geo   (Show all posts)

Keeper Hill from Silvermines (Knockanroe Carpark)
caseyc481 11 hours ago.
Wanted to climb Keeper Hill from the Silvermines side. Parked at Knockanroe carpark, walking downhill on fire road unt... walk, Len: 14.9km, Climb: 763m, Area: Keeper Hill, Shannon (Ireland) Keeper H

Keeper Hill from Silvermines (Knockanroe Carpark)
caseyc481 a day ago.
Wanted to climb Keeper Hill from the Silvermines side. Parked at Knockanroe carpark, walking downhill on fire road unt... walk, Len: 7.5km, Climb: 233m, Area: Keeper Hill, Shannon (Ireland) Keeper Hi

MountainViews Gathering 2017
simon3 a day ago.
The event on Feb 17, 2017 had Peter Walker as MC with two main speakers.Gareth McCormack spoke about the vision and technicalities of modern landscape photography.Paul Clements discussed the Wild ...

Tick/Lyme Disease Awareness
Geo 2 days ago.
Don't be a tick - Check out this article and be mindful of yourselves out there http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/lyme-disease-a-tiny-tick-can-pack-a-huge-punch-1.2964241I hav...

Meenavally: A pleasant walk to theTower
BigFly 2 days ago.
Lovely pleasant walk

Two Rock Mountain: Red Grouse near the summit.
BarnaneGoat a week ago.
I climbed here a few days ago from the east along the Dublin Mountains Way. The summit was shrouded in mist and we went astray at one point. I later discovered this was the result of a way marker ...

Sgurr a'Choire Riabhaich: If Allt a' Choire Charnaig in spate there's a small
melohara 2 weeks ago.
If the Allt a' Choire Charnaig is in spate there is a small footbridge, wires and planks, a little upstream

Sgurr Thuilm: If Allt a' Choire Charnaig in spate there's a small footbridge u
melohara 2 weeks ago.

Ballysitteragh Stroll
Bunsen7 2 days ago.
A short stroll from the Conor Pass carpark. My plans for greater things fell victim to the inclement weather.Simply st... walk, Len: 7.0km, Climb: 340m, Area: An Bhinn Dubh, Brandon Group (Ireland) A

Sgurr nan Coireachan: If Allt a' Choire Charnaig in spate there's a small foot
melohara 2 weeks ago.

The Big Gun: A Big View
mcrtchly 2 weeks ago.
A view of the Big Gun, Cnoc na Péiste and the southern ridge of the Reeks taken after a light fall of snow in late January 2017

Tievebaun: Crash of 42-31420 in 1943
dp_burke 2 weeks ago.
Just a quick link to the story of 42-31420's crash on Tievebaun as I found it.http://www.ww2irishaviation.com/42-31420.htmIf you do go up top the small bit of wreckage that is left, please don't r...