<< Prev page 1 .. 362 363 364 365 366 367 .. 372 Next page >>
To KenG - Welcome .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
“You have the body.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
I found this colou.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Well, Bleck Cra, I.. by evelyn   (Show all posts)
Evelyn - you are t.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
evelyn
2005-05-04 09:56:29
If there were more Bleck Cra's
I wouldn't classify myself as either experienced or novice in the mountains, but one thing i have learnt is, listen to others on the mountainside! I always enjoy reading EVERYBODY'S comments, but I am wondering has Bleck Cra been published? If so, what's the title, and if not why not? One of the recent posts by our good friend was about some know it alls in the Mournes, and how they were not so happy about getting some advice! A few years ago, weather forecast was to be clear and sunny, I found myself struggling to find my way back down Bearnagh with visibility down to a few metres, the wall was a great help, but even more so, I met two "locals"who saw me down to Hares Gap, and after a shared coffee and some buns as a way of thank you, they continued on towards Donard, while I decided to head for home. I was a novice in those days, I have many mountains now under my feet, but as I spread my wings and walk through spectacular landscape on La Gomera in the Canaries, Serra de Tramantona in Mallorca, the West Highlands of Scotland, and very soon - the Bernese Oberland those two strangers I met in the Mournes always stick in my mind, they came out from the mist, guided me down to safety and then went on their way, I probably would have been fine, but for those few tense momments I was glad of the advice, it encouraged me to go further, and now on occasion I give advice when asked by strangers to my well trodden paths! Keep walking Bleck Cra, and keep giving advice, I certainly would welcome avdice in a place I didn't know!!
Awwwl right Vertic.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
I have had the opp.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
I don't know what .. by sorbus   (Show all posts)
***NA SEACHT SEACH.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark
simon3 4 hours ago.

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 2 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 2 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 3 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 3 days ago.

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 3 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 3 days ago.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Into The Coum(eragh)'s
GSheehy 3 days ago.
The forecast was for heat, so I said I?d have an early start. Down to the base layer by the time I got to The Gap at ... walk, Len: 27.2km, Climb: 1226m, Area: Coumfea West Top, Comeragh Mountains (I

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Eanach Mheáin: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
Connemara Island Golf Course is a nine hole course located on this island and just inside its entrance at L9080830893 is the 11th/17th hole where the natural high point is adjacent to the ladies t...

Dunkerron Spine
Msbinireland 4 days ago.
Caution: ONLY consider doing this route in clear weather and after a dry spell. Many sections may be impassable after... run, Len: 29.3km, Climb: 1597m, Area: Mullaghanattin, Dunkerron Mountains (Ire