<< Prev page 1 .. 281 282 283 284 285 286 .. 372 Next page >>
The arrival a few .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Ireland Map v1.91 .. by pazapas   (Show all posts)
For once no jokes .. by maclimber   (Show all posts)
Roll up get your b.. by maclimber   (Show all posts)
A Mournes run out .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
wicklore
2009-04-27 20:15:15
"Terror on Cuilcagh" from wicklore Expand pics
Terror on Cuilcagh (Expand pics)
When Sheep Attack
Yes simon3, I understand the pure terror of being attacked by mild-mannered creatures most unexpectedly. . .

‘Twas late one evening a couple of years ago. While descending Cuilcagh via Benbeg, I walked down a track in the gathering gloom. I thought I heard quiet footsteps behind me. Not human footsteps mind you, more like an evil entity trying to sneak up on me. I looked back but saw nothing. As I moved forward, the noise of Something behind me could be heard once again. Whirling around, I was just in time to see the bushes quiver where Something had just ducked out of sight. Realising that Something had me in its sights, I took out my only weapon - a bag of fruit and nut mix. Attack is the best form of defence, so I chucked a few at the bushes. Was that a strangled ‘Baa’ sound I heard?

Quickening my pace I hurried down the track. Now the sound of following feet multiplied and the ground shook as all the Creatures of the Night joined in the chase. Accepting that I was doomed, I grabbed my camera from my pocket and whirled around to take a photo. If they didn’t eat my camera at least there would be some evidence of what had befallen me. Lo and behold! - the accompanying picture shows the Terrors of Cuilcagh that stalked me that fearful night. Look beyond the nearest hungry Beast and see the eyes of all of Its evil companions glowing behind. Bear Grylls wouldn’t have had a chance! Through ingenuity and guile (i.e. running away), I somehow survived and tucked this rare photo away; waiting for the time when it wouldn’t be shameful to admit to this night of knee-trembling fear. And that time has surely come, when it can be admitted on MV that a little pheasant could chase away the mighty simon3 & co!
Researching a rout.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Just to follow up .. by csd   (Show all posts)
Got back to my car.. by paddyhillsbagger   (Show all posts)
Version 1.90 is av.. by pazapas   (Show all posts)

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect
Aidy a day ago.

Mullaghanattin Circuit
Onzy a day ago.

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 5 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 5 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 6 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 6 days ago.

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 6 days ago.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 6 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 6 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 6 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Eanach Mheáin: Galway Island
sandman 6 days ago.
Connemara Island Golf Course is a nine hole course located on this island and just inside its entrance at L9080830893 is the 11th/17th hole where the natural high point is adjacent to the ladies t...