<< Prev page 1 .. 357 358 359 360 361 362 .. 366 Next page >>
Well, Bleck Cra, I.. by evelyn   (Show all posts)
Evelyn - you are t.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
I wouldn't classif.. by evelyn   (Show all posts)
Awwwl right Vertic.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
I have had the opp.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
I don't know what .. by sorbus   (Show all posts)
***NA SEACHT SEACH.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Yeah, you sometime.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
I enjoyed the foll.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2005-04-25 19:43:18
"Here you can look down on the rock climbers. Any ideas?" from Bleck Cra Expand pics
Here you can look down on the rock climbers. Any ideas? (Expand pics)
Where Egos Dare
Can’t do it - don’t know how to do it: tell a fellow hillwalker how not to get killed. Saturday, three blokes were coming off Bearnagh on the North side of the wall at Hares Gap - 40/50s fit, kitted out, no fools, but a bit baffled. I caught the eye of one of them over the wall. “Watch yourself,” I said. “Why?” he said. “Because you’ll get killed,” I said. “Why?” he said ….. and I knew were getting into a stand-off. “I’m just saying…” I said - and you know when you get to “I’m just saying”, whatever control you may have had on the situation, has just evaporated. “You’ll only get off there, with ropes,” I said, sounding like a complete nkr. “Why?”, he said. “Look”, I said “there are crags” and stomped off. The problem kind of is, that most people, with notable exceptions, on the hills are mature, wise and knowledgeable, but contrarily, not enough to welcome advice readily. I am myself that soldier. We are a cross section of society, a bit skewed, yet do have our fair share of know-its-all - and what we all don’t want to be is one of them. I can hear braying of “just tell them and stop being such a wuss,” but my last point remains. Well anyway, rather than let them pogo into infinity, I waited at the bottom of the crags squinting into the sun, to scold them were they not to be advised. They were advised and cut back across the wall. Yes the sun - it is official: Spring has sprung in the black North, circa cheese sandwich time Saturday 23rd inst and celebrated in time-honoured fashion by Billy kicking the F out of Dan and Dan kicking the F out of Billy.

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility 19 hours ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Aidy 20 hours ago.
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility 19 hours ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility 19 hours ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy a day ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 3 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...

Crossderry: Summit looking East.
hivisibility 19 hours ago.
Summit of Crossderry with view back towards Mothillín.There are 2 similar heights at the summit area. The summit is the one nearest the Eastern Reeks.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 2 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Stumpa Dúloigh SE Top: Fine views to the East...
hivisibility 20 hours ago.
The view to Knocknabreeda, Crossderry and Mothillín as seen from the aooroach to Stúmpa Dúloigh SE Top. Torc in the centre with Mangerton rising over to the right.

Knocknabreeda: View of Carrauntoohil from the summit.
hivisibility 20 hours ago.
Carrauntoohil from Knocknabreeda summit.

Quad bikers in the Mournes
mcrtchly 2 weeks ago.
Whilst out in the Mournes on Sunday 2nd Oct, at about 8.30am we were shocked to see a group of half a dozen quad bikers powering up the track from the Banns Road towards Lough Shannagh (below Doan...

Slieve Foye
Onzy 6 days ago.
Sunday route over Slieve Foye and along the ridge for a bit... walk, Len: 9.9km, Climb: 439m, Area: Slieve Foye, Cooley/Gullion (Ireland) Slie...