<< Prev page 1 .. 364 365 366 367 368 369 .. 373 Next page >>
Well, Bleck Cra, I.. by evelyn   (Show all posts)
Evelyn - you are t.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
I wouldn't classif.. by evelyn   (Show all posts)
Awwwl right Vertic.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
I have had the opp.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
I don't know what .. by sorbus   (Show all posts)
***NA SEACHT SEACH.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Yeah, you sometime.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
I enjoyed the foll.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2005-04-25 19:43:18
"Here you can look down on the rock climbers. Any ideas?" from Bleck Cra Expand pics
Here you can look down on the rock climbers. Any ideas? (Expand pics)
Where Egos Dare
Can’t do it - don’t know how to do it: tell a fellow hillwalker how not to get killed. Saturday, three blokes were coming off Bearnagh on the North side of the wall at Hares Gap - 40/50s fit, kitted out, no fools, but a bit baffled. I caught the eye of one of them over the wall. “Watch yourself,” I said. “Why?” he said. “Because you’ll get killed,” I said. “Why?” he said ….. and I knew were getting into a stand-off. “I’m just saying…” I said - and you know when you get to “I’m just saying”, whatever control you may have had on the situation, has just evaporated. “You’ll only get off there, with ropes,” I said, sounding like a complete nkr. “Why?”, he said. “Look”, I said “there are crags” and stomped off. The problem kind of is, that most people, with notable exceptions, on the hills are mature, wise and knowledgeable, but contrarily, not enough to welcome advice readily. I am myself that soldier. We are a cross section of society, a bit skewed, yet do have our fair share of know-its-all - and what we all don’t want to be is one of them. I can hear braying of “just tell them and stop being such a wuss,” but my last point remains. Well anyway, rather than let them pogo into infinity, I waited at the bottom of the crags squinting into the sun, to scold them were they not to be advised. They were advised and cut back across the wall. Yes the sun - it is official: Spring has sprung in the black North, circa cheese sandwich time Saturday 23rd inst and celebrated in time-honoured fashion by Billy kicking the F out of Dan and Dan kicking the F out of Billy.

Forum: Suggestions
Addition of "All Irish features" list etc
simon3 14 hours ago.
A new list and total has been added which shows All Irish features visited. So if you mark as visited any summit, coastal summit, coastal feature, island feature then this total will go up. You ca...

Corraduff Hill: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
Corraduff Hill as seen from the Benwee Loop Walk.

Bencorrbeg - Binn an Choire and Binn Dubh
marzka 2 days ago.
Very nice walk with a bit of scrambling.And this GPS track involve that mentioned part of scrambling - but if you want... walk, Len: 10.4km, Climb: 944m, Area: Bencorrbeg, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benco

Benwee NE Head: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
It is easy to reach the area i took the photo from just a slight detour off the Benwee Loop Walk F8220244947 it is the next bit that the problem arises. Definitely an Ian Miller summit.

Illanmaster: Watching Over.
sandman 2 days ago.
This hill watches over Illanmaster Island and although its summit is nothing of note its cliffs are fantastic. As described previously this can be part of a coastal walk or for direct accent park ...

Teermoyle and Been Hill
marzka 2 days ago.
Very nice walk with goregous views.Dificulty: Medium- a bit wet terrain, mostly grassy- some small part of walk on th... walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 843m, Area: Keamconneragh, Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Irel

Mweelrea Mt via Ben Lugmore
marzka 2 days ago.
A very nice walk with amazing views and small bit of scrambling which can be avoided.Dificulty: Medium- ascending via... walk, Len: 13.4km, Climb: 1111m, Area: Ben Lugmore East Top, Mweelrea Mountain

Doonvinalla W Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
The Stags of Broad Haven just one of the fantastic photo opportunities from this summit which is easily accessed from the Benwee Loop Walk the easy option from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259.

Mangerton via Stoompa and Horses Glen
marzka 2 days ago.
Lovely walk with stunning views.Dificulty: Medim- wet terrain as crossing the Owgariff river- very steepy descending w... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 673m, Area: Stoompa, Mangerton (Ireland) Stoompa, M

Doonvinalla E Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
Easy access from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259 follow the Benwee Loop walk and branch off where appropriate . The photo shows views across towards Benwee Head in the background .

Carrauntoohil via central guy and dawn via oshea-gully WINTER WALK
marzka 2 days ago.
This is a winter climb, therefore the winter equipment is needed and extra time should be added while planning that r... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 779m, Area: Carrauntoohil, MacGillycuddy's Reeks (Ir

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
Looking across to Doonvinalla N Top from E Top i decided it was above my pay grade to attempt the summit climb today . But to the right of the photo a route to the top seemingly exists so another ...