<< Prev page 1 .. 363 364 365 366 367 368 .. 372 Next page >>
Yeah, you sometime.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
I enjoyed the foll.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2005-04-25 19:43:18
"Here you can look down on the rock climbers. Any ideas?" from Bleck Cra Expand pics
Here you can look down on the rock climbers. Any ideas? (Expand pics)
Where Egos Dare
Can’t do it - don’t know how to do it: tell a fellow hillwalker how not to get killed. Saturday, three blokes were coming off Bearnagh on the North side of the wall at Hares Gap - 40/50s fit, kitted out, no fools, but a bit baffled. I caught the eye of one of them over the wall. “Watch yourself,” I said. “Why?” he said. “Because you’ll get killed,” I said. “Why?” he said ….. and I knew were getting into a stand-off. “I’m just saying…” I said - and you know when you get to “I’m just saying”, whatever control you may have had on the situation, has just evaporated. “You’ll only get off there, with ropes,” I said, sounding like a complete nkr. “Why?”, he said. “Look”, I said “there are crags” and stomped off. The problem kind of is, that most people, with notable exceptions, on the hills are mature, wise and knowledgeable, but contrarily, not enough to welcome advice readily. I am myself that soldier. We are a cross section of society, a bit skewed, yet do have our fair share of know-its-all - and what we all don’t want to be is one of them. I can hear braying of “just tell them and stop being such a wuss,” but my last point remains. Well anyway, rather than let them pogo into infinity, I waited at the bottom of the crags squinting into the sun, to scold them were they not to be advised. They were advised and cut back across the wall. Yes the sun - it is official: Spring has sprung in the black North, circa cheese sandwich time Saturday 23rd inst and celebrated in time-honoured fashion by Billy kicking the F out of Dan and Dan kicking the F out of Billy.
Fellow Walkers,   (Show all posts)
Hello andagda. Lik.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
I'm organising a w.. by andagda   (Show all posts)
Greetings Bleck an.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
oh I loved that on.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
GB bemoans the dem.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
I had the misfortu.. by johnvbrennan   (Show all posts)

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect
Aidy 22 hours ago.

Mullaghanattin Circuit
Onzy a day ago.

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 5 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 5 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 6 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 6 days ago.

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 6 days ago.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 6 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 6 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 6 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Eanach Mheáin: Galway Island
sandman 6 days ago.
Connemara Island Golf Course is a nine hole course located on this island and just inside its entrance at L9080830893 is the 11th/17th hole where the natural high point is adjacent to the ladies t...