<< Prev page 1 .. 291 292 293 294 295 296 .. 373 Next page >>
Version 1.89 is av.. by pazapas   (Show all posts)
Kantabria
2009-02-06 23:52:22
"" from Kantabria Expand pics
(Expand pics)
Re: The Infamous Sally Gap
I went last Wednesday for a walk from Enniskerry to Lough Bray Upper; since I'm not Irish, I expected the Military Road to be opened so that I could go all the way to the Cipiúr, but even before I reached Lough Bray Lower it was pretty clear that wasn't going to be the case: soon I was walking with snow half the way to my knee, and on the final approach to the upper lake it almost reached my knee. I can't complain though: for the first time since I arrived here I had the Military Road all for myself! As a plus, on my way back to Enniskerry, I saw three deer grazing not 5 metres away from me, somewhere between Glencree and Curtlestown.
can read these pag.. by Alanstb   (Show all posts)
Some words always .. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
apologies to van t.. by maclimber   (Show all posts)
Out all day cragho.. by maclimber   (Show all posts)
Maclumbering on , .. by jackill   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra-thanks f.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Thanks again natal.. by Alanstb   (Show all posts)
Thanks a million, .. by pdtempan   (Show all posts)

Slieve Foye: Irish Gabbro!
IainT 6 days ago.
Gabbro is one of the roughest and most frictiony rocks around and is superb for scrambling on, as all visitors to the Skye Cuiilin across the water know. I never realised until yesterday that Slie...

Illanmaster: Watching Over.
sandman a day ago.
This hill watches over Illanmaster Island and although its summit is nothing of note its cliffs are fantastic. As described previously this can be part of a coastal walk or for direct accent park ...

Mweelrea Mt via Ben Lugmore
marzka a day ago.
A very nice walk with amazing views and small bit of scrambling which can be avoided.Dificulty: Medium- ascending via... walk, Len: 13.4km, Climb: 1111m, Area: Ben Lugmore East Top, Mweelrea Mountain

Corraduff Hill: Coastal Hill
sandman a day ago.
Corraduff Hill as seen from the Benwee Loop Walk.

Bencorrbeg - Binn an Choire and Binn Dubh
marzka a day ago.
Very nice walk with a bit of scrambling.And this GPS track involve that mentioned part of scrambling - but if you want... walk, Len: 10.4km, Climb: 944m, Area: Bencorrbeg, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benco

Benwee NE Head: Coastal Hill
sandman a day ago.
It is easy to reach the area i took the photo from just a slight detour off the Benwee Loop Walk F8220244947 it is the next bit that the problem arises. Definitely an Ian Miller summit.

Teermoyle and Been Hill
marzka a day ago.
Very nice walk with goregous views.Dificulty: Medium- a bit wet terrain, mostly grassy- some small part of walk on th... walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 843m, Area: Keamconneragh, Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Irel

Doonvinalla W Top: Coastal Hill
sandman a day ago.
The Stags of Broad Haven just one of the fantastic photo opportunities from this summit which is easily accessed from the Benwee Loop Walk the easy option from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259.

Mangerton via Stoompa and Horses Glen
marzka a day ago.
Lovely walk with stunning views.Dificulty: Medim- wet terrain as crossing the Owgariff river- very steepy descending w... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 673m, Area: Stoompa, Mangerton (Ireland) Stoompa, M

Doonvinalla E Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
Easy access from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259 follow the Benwee Loop walk and branch off where appropriate . The photo shows views across towards Benwee Head in the background .

Carrauntoohil via central guy and dawn via oshea-gully WINTER WALK
marzka a day ago.
This is a winter climb, therefore the winter equipment is needed and extra time should be added while planning that r... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 779m, Area: Carrauntoohil, MacGillycuddy's Reeks (Ir

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
Looking across to Doonvinalla N Top from E Top i decided it was above my pay grade to attempt the summit climb today . But to the right of the photo a route to the top seemingly exists so another ...